2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk questions

wesel123

Adventurist
Founding Member
Hey all, I need to get a better around Los Angeles truck, come to find out that my Power Wagon won't fit in 99.9 percent of the parking structures around here.....go figure. Also I have out 22k in under a year, I want this truck around for a long time so I need to cut my miles.

I was thinking of a Crosstrek (I've had one and it was ok) but have always had a thing for the Cherokee Trailhawk. I like the redesign a lot and also want the Pentestar 6cyl.

Is there anything I should be worried about as far as reliability? Or anything else for that matter?

I can’t speak to the Trailhawk, but we recently sold our Forester and we’ll never buy another Subaru. We had some ridiculous electrical problems for a vehicle as new as it was and still under warranty (same drivetrain etc as the Crosstrek).

Subaru CVT has a super annoying lag when shifting from D to R... drove me batty in my Outback and the Forester...

Hey all, I need to get a better around Los Angeles truck, come to find out that my Power Wagon won't fit in 99.9 percent of the parking structures around here.....go figure. Also I have out 22k in under a year, I want this truck around for a long time so I need to cut my miles.

I was thinking of a Crosstrek (I've had one and it was ok) but have always had a thing for the Cherokee Trailhawk. I like the redesign a lot and also want the Pentestar 6cyl.

Is there anything I should be worried about as far as reliability? Or anything else for that matter?
I understand your issue in LA, thats why I now commute in a Prius. Yes, I am embarrassed, yes it is boring, but mpg

Lol....my wife won't let me buy a Prius..hahahahaha

I had the same issues with my 2018 Crosstrek, that's why I need to look elsewhere.

Also I drive on a lot of project sites and need 4wd or Awd at a minimum.

Last edited:
Talked to a buddy of mine who had a 15 Cherokee Trailhawk. It went back on the Lemon Law.

If you don't carry a lot to the job site the combined MPG for a 2-door Rubicon is the same as a Cherokee Trailhawk. 17' turning radius instead of 19' and 15" shorter.

Trailhawk - 18 city / 24 highway / 20 combined.
Rubicon 2d - 17 city / 25 highway / 20 combined.

I just helped my daughter by a 2019 Chevy Cruze hatch back for less than 15k . It had 8 k on it. 6 months in, we are finding it to be a great commuter. I think it would be the perfect vehicle for LA traffic. 35mpg. Assuming you keep the truck for adventures, lol

I think the trail hawks are very nice. However sense buying a Gladiator I have learned Jeep ownership is a bit of a gamble. I have 9k trouble free miles. But the forums are full of guys who have already had transmissions replaced and other major service items done. According to them FCA was nothing but a hassle. For this reason I’m constantly nervous I made the wrong decision of what vehicle to drop 50k on. That being said I do love the features Jeep has and how it drives. Now if it was only more reliable

Greg, I do not carry anything but me and my laptop, so cargo is not an issue.

Didn't realize until you said so the the mpg was about the same. So I did take a look at a Wrangler 2 door in both automatic and 6 speed. They were for sure on the fun side of things.

Wow enough to lemon law it....dang, that's scary.

I have an appointment to test drive a used Duramax ZR2 tomorrow, small enough to fit in my parking structure and decent mpg. Anyone have thoughts on these?

Thanks for the help gents but I ended up getting a Dieselgate Passat SEL, great car, I'll just be using my PW on field days.

C0FB44FE-3B02-4C3C-B8D2-8A5E4F9F32E0.jpeg

Yeah I know, but Chris had a point (about the Prius). I sat down and laid out my average month of site visits, most of them I could drive a car to. About 20% maybe 30% of my site visits, I need 4wd.

Back
Top Bottom