Gladiator Recall and FCA Stops Sales for Certain Date Range of Manufacture

Gallowbraid

Adventurist
Full article: https://www.jk-forum.com/articles/fca-issues-recall-for-gladiator-stops-sales-for-certain-models/

The summary:

Some Gladiator models have driveshafts that were assembled incorrectly from the factory, but less than 3,500 are affected.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has ordered the stop sale of Gladiators of specific production dates due to incorrect driveshaft installation. FCA reports that some sold without grease on the monoblock joint. The number of recalled examples is relatively small. However, Gladiator owners experiencing unusual rear-end noise must take their vehicle to a dealership immediately. Driveshaft failure can result in further vehicle damage and potential injury to occupants of the car and those around it.

The Car Connection reports that some Jeep dealerships are placing markups of up to $20,000 on new Gladiators. Some under recall are still in dealership new inventory. However, if a dealership sells one affected by the recall, they will face up to a $21,000 fine. Dealerships can still sell examples outside the recall date range, as well as ones that have the recall repair. Gladiator owners should call FCA directly or enter their VIN on the NHTSA recall website. The recall is for Jeep Gladiators with build dates spanning Dec. 15, 2018, through June 25, 2019.

Well that's not good, but growing pains are always part of a new model year on any vehicle.

Those $20K second stickers though... :crazy

I don't know what's worse, the dealers for marking them up like that or the idiots that pay that kind of mark up.

Seriously. No damn good reason for anyone to submit to that kind of ass raping. Pure madness.

Can't wait to see what sort of premiums get tacked on to the Bronco when it finally releases...

It's amazing what people will pay when they just want to feel like they're "first". Although if you really want to be first you need a Hennessey Gladiator with 1000hp and a price of $200,000.

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/jeep/gladiator/

Hennessey-Maximus-Jeep-front.jpg

Fortunately the drive shaft issue affects a relatively small number of vehicles. The bad new is that a remedy will not be available for a couple of months...(mine was built after the dates so should not be affected when I pick it up tomorrow).

As far as pricing goes yes there were some idiotic dealers putting outrageous mark ups on them but there are now enough out in the wild that the competition is starting to have an affect on pricing...if you’re smart enough to do a little shopping. I understand that dealers in FL and CA are being stubborn....for now.

Fortunately the drive shaft issue affects a relatively small number of vehicles. The bad new is that a remedy will not be available for a couple of months...(mine was built after the dates so should not be affected when I pick it up tomorrow).

As far as pricing goes yes there were some idiotic dealers putting outrageous mark ups on them but there are now enough out in the wild that the competition is starting to have an affect on pricing...if you’re smart enough to do a little shopping. I understand that dealers in FL and CA are being stubborn....for now.
If CA dealers are being stubborn, then they are making a killing. Being in LA, I see one everyday now

Back
Top Bottom