GREAT WHITE BUFFALO (2016 carli cummins build)

In Burlington Vermont we ride our bikes along their amazing bike paths it's a must, first stop is Ethan Allen Park. Very historical area, we fight the extreme heat and decide to head down to Lake Champlain and go for a swim. The lake is amazing, temperature, the sand its a great top off to an awesome day. Make sure you watch till the end! ***Feel free to subscribe and hit that like button!***

A Canine Gem, is a local dog rescue located in Burlington Vermont, our Boondockers welcome hosts help foster and find homes for the cute pups. We stayed here foe a long weekend, it's quite amazing to see how they interact and treat these dogs. The dogs are mostly from the south, come from very bad situations. Go give there site a look, remember always consider adoption! We hike Mt Mansfield Vermont's highest mountain, luckily this time we are allowed to bring our rescue and hiking buddy Zamboni. It's quite windy, foggy and even raining a little but we don't let that stop us!

This video was very difficult for me to make, while hiking Mount Washington in New Hampshire, I open up about surviving the mass shooting in Las Vegas Nevada. We attended the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas in October 2017. It changed our lives forever. I now live with PTSD, anxiety and depression. I go into detail about what triggers I deal with on a daily basis. Loud noises, crowds, and confined spaces. I touch on things I have done to cope with the PTSD. Diet change, exercise, quit drinking alcohol and started traveling full-time RV living. This was extremely had for me to open up about. My hope is that this helps others with their own mental heath issues. Whether it's PTSD, anxiety, stress intolerance, or depression you need to know that there is help out there. You cannot be afraid to talk about your emotions. I know first hand, if you keep them inside it only makes everything worse in the long run. Now it's almost two years later and I have just started to open up about my struggles. If I can do it, anyone can.

It's ok, not to be ok, make sure you practice mental self care. RV Living is not all rainbows and sunshine, we have bad days just like everyone else. We discuss how it's hard work to be happy, sometimes you need to take a day for yourself and get yourself to a good head space. RV Living seems to be all fun and games from the outside looking in, but this is still daily life. We still have stressors just like you would in a traditional lifestyle. We go out for a BBQ lunch at Goody Coles Smokehouse in New Hampshire, which puts a smile on Mel's face.

Afterwards we decided spending some time relaxing at the lake would be a good idea, so we went kayaking. Well we failed to check the weather and didn't realize a big storm was rolling in. Within 5 minutes of getting out on the water it starts to rain a bit. We still take our time, then the rain really hits and we decide to high tail it back to the dock!

***Feel free to subscribe and hit that like button!*** https://www.youtube.com/c/adventureen...

We start to make our huge push across the United States, we need to be in California by the end of the month, so that gives us roughly 3 weeks to make it from New Hampshire. We start out with some pretty crazy weather, we think we dodged a tornado but were not sure, stopping for some Dunkin Donuts. Eventually we end up camping at Walmart near Niagara Falls New York. The following day we ride our bikes to see the amazing waterfall.

***Feel free to subscribe and hit that like button!*** https://www.youtube.com/c/adventureen...

We are still DRIVING! From New York to South Dakota. Due to some work obligations in California, we need to be home by the end of August. Along the way, we encounter many thunderstorms, get some Starbucks and cheese (I know it's a strange combo). This is not your typical road tripping video! Melissa does jumping jacks to burn off some pent up energy and we enjoy delicious cheese "turds!!"

We make it to an epic Boondocking spot just outside of Badlands South Dakota!

We finish our drive to Badlands national Park (well just outside of the park), before we get there we camp on the Missouri River. We are so excited to be out west again, more Boondocking! The Boondocking spot we land at is just outside Badlands National Park and it's absolutely amazing. Camped on the edge of a cliff, we plan on staying in this location for a week! The roads were quite muddy getting in but, but of course the Ram made it. After we dropped the trailer, of course I had to do a little off roading!

have not gotten caught up on the videos yet so not sure if you have made it there, but while in SD make some time for Custer State Park, you won't be disappointed

have not gotten caught up on the videos yet so not sure if you have made it there, but while in SD make some time for Custer State Park, you won't be disappointed
We did make to to Custer, it's amazing! We hiked Black Elk Peak, South Dakota's tallest peak. There is a cool fire lookout tower at the top. We definitely want to go back though the black hills have so much to offer.

Wall Drug Store is one of America's most popular roadside attractions.(Tourist trap) While driving through multiple states the billboards start almost 300 miles away. This drug store has almost anything you can think of, cafe, clothing, supplies, boots, camping gear, magnets and anything that you would see at your typical tourist store. After they abruptly closed their doors Melissa and I discuss what we thought about the experience. The next morning Melissa wakes up nice and early to see an absolutely amazing sunrise.

We are still boondocking just outside Badlands National Park, after noticing that our bicycles are leaning, with more inspection we realize our trailer bumper is falling off! The trailer bumper is rated for way more weight than we are carrying but we also agree that it is not designed for everyday use. We decide to remove all the weight and load everything through out the trailer and the truck. Has this happened to you?

Later that day we finally fly our newly acquired drone! We had a drone gifted to us for free! A couple of our good friends had quite a few drone's and thought we would put it to good use! Thanks Vince and Tim we love it. Obviously it will take a lot of fly time to get really good smooth footage but it's just so much fun. It's an older DJI Phantom 3 Professional, it works perfectly after some long over due updates. Hope you enjoy the Vlog!

After camping a few days right outside the park we finally venture in, right off the bat we see a large bison. Going further into to the National Park the drive is quite breathtaking. The winding roads, mountains and bright blue skies. We drive through the whole park and end up hiking the Notch Trail, it's short at 1.33 miles but the views are amazing. Back at camp we have an amazing experience with the big horn sheep! They come out of no where and completely surround the whole trailer. Our time at this boondocking spot comes to and end, we carefully take the muddy road out what we call "the secret entrance / exit". It works great and we make it out with no problems, then we have a great drive to our next boondocking spot Northwest of Deadwood South Dakota. Here we plan to hike in Custer State Park, hit Mount Rushmore, visit Deadwood and meet up with friends. Hope you enjoy the vlog, let me know what you think!

We are in the Black Hills of South Dakota, boondocking for a few nights and doing some hiking. We start off with a hike to the Friendship tower that was created in honor of Theodore Roosevelt.
Boondocking in this area is absolutely amazing we are loving the clean air and the beauty.

The next day we wake up bight and early to make our hour long drive south to Custer State Park. Its near Mt Rushmore where we end up driving the Needles Hwy to Custer state park. We decide to hike Black Elk Peak formerly know as Harney Peak. The views are endless and it feels great to be back on dirt hiking trails. Hope you enjoy this video! Please feel free to give it a share!

We start out at Mount Rushmore. Neither of us have been before. It's a little bit of a shock to realize how commercialized it is. This National Memorial is massive! Carved in the Black Hills of South Dakota this sculpture is about 60 feet tall. Definitely a sight to see! Then we head over to Keystone, SD which a super cool town. We had so much fun with Jason and Rae talking about RV life that it ended up being a 5 hour lunch at Ruby House Restaurant. This was a pretty big deal for us because these guys were a huge inspiration to us when we started full timing. We are both originally from Simi Valley, California and we thought it was so cool to see someone we knew from real life get out there and start RVing. Very inspirational!

We take the journey from Deadwood South Dakota to Wyoming just outside Grand Teton National Park. The drive is quite long and when we arrive we are super tired. While looking for a good camping spot with decent cell phone service, we go down a road we shouldn't have been on with our 5th wheel. Getting out of this area requires a steep uphill rutted road and four wheel drive! The following day I drive into town and reflect on the great dirt road driveways we have had lately! We head over a near by camp to meet some other RVers that we were in touch with on Instagram.

This area is absolutely beautiful and might be my favorite place in the country. We are looking forward to exploring the area for the next week! Hope you enjoy the video! ***Feel free to subscribe and hit that like button!*** https://www.youtube.com/c/adventureen...

Boondocking outside Grand Teton National Park has its perks! We have a meet up with multiple full-time families, at the same time we make new friends that happen to be new to full-timing. Ryan and Jeff sold everything in Arizona, bought trailers and moved up to Wyoming to be river float guides on the Snake River.

We also reconnect with Kyle Nugent, a full-timer that we met in Maine roughly 2 months earlier! He is traveling the country hitting one baseball field at a time. We happened to stay in touch, told him we would be in the area and he came by! Kyle is an avid fly fisherman and he decided to give me some lessons, but I was only interested in flying the drone! This video is a great one, make sure you watch till the end!

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Hit that subscribe and like button⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ https://www.youtube.com/c/adventureen...

While boondocking outside of Grand Teton National Park, some of our new friends invite us downhill mountain biking at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Unfortunately we end up taking a wrong turn on our drive to the resort which leads to a huge delay. We show up one hour late and decide that we don't want to spend 70.00 for one hour of riding and rental (Normally it's two hours for 70.00).
Instead we get a recommendation from the bike shop to hike up to the top of the ski mountain and take the gondola back down for free. They said if we hurried we could make it before dark! It's an adventure, in the description below Ill include the information about the trail. Hope you enjoy the video!

So we added a few things to help out with the towing. This truck has been a tow pig for a while, now that we are back in CA it's going to start seeing some dirt miles as well. We added some firestone airbags because we got a new trailer with a higher pin weight. That new trailer required a differnt hitch because the front cap is full profile. We went with the Andersen Ultimate connection, so far its great, but time will tell.

Attachments

• 20191009_065918.jpg
    20191009_065918.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 41
  • 20191009_065849.jpg
    20191009_065849.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20191009_065900.jpg
    20191009_065900.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20191009_065922.jpg
    20191009_065922.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20191009_065929.jpg
    20191009_065929.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 51
We pull out of our dispersed camping location near Mammoth Lakes California. It was not too bad getting out of our spot, having a larger 5th wheel we ALWAYS need to be careful of our over head height.

While on the drive home we reflect and talk about how we feel about being back. We hit the road in order to see what this country had to offer. Melissa and myself have never left our home town for longer than a couple weeks, this was quite the experience. Returning to our home town of Simi Valley California we have a mixed bag of emotions. Hope you enjoy the video and please stay tuned into to the channel to see what happens with our full-timing lifestyle!!

Back
Top Bottom