Dometic Toilet Thread

kalieaire

Adventurist
Hey folks. Maybe it's just me but, does anyone have problems lining up their output shaft and exhaust chute so they fit into the toilet seat without leaving a nasty smear in the back or having the output shaft sitting on the front edge of the seat?

I feel like this thing was made for 5 year old kids. Or is Dometic coming out with a new model that fits people older than 12?

1565844915662.png

It's definitely a compact unit, but we generally do OK with ours (exact model pictured above). I find it about the same as any normal indoor toilet not of the "extended bowl" variety. You might actually find it easier if you elevate it slightly - it could be the... "alignment issues" are partially due to how low it sits.

I know a lot of folks like the Thetford curve, but I couldn't spare the room in the cabinet I built to house ours.

It's definitely a compact unit, but we generally do OK with ours (exact model pictured above). I find it about the same as any normal indoor toilet not of the "extended bowl" variety. You might actually find it easier if you elevate it slightly - it could be the... "alignment issues" are partially due to how low it sits.

I know a lot of folks like the Thetford curve, but I couldn't spare the room in the cabinet I built to house ours.

Yeah, mine's elevated on a platform. I just wish it would come out further like the usual elongated toilet seat.

I just checked, the Thetford's dimensions are 2.5" inches longer front to back and it looks like the front of the seat might have an extra 1/2" due to design. I should've gone w/ that instead!

Thanks for the rec!

The wife & I have talked about another potable toliet, we use the Ironman 4x4 Folding Bush Toilet, works great for us when out in the woods, but when we camp with the son & his family the places that have bathroom vaults can be pretty disgusting so having another choice when we go to public places with our son, his wife & grandkid we needs some more than those vaults for Sally & me.

The wife & I have talked about another potable toliet, we use the Ironman 4x4 Folding Bush Toilet, works great for us when out in the woods, but when we camp with the son & his family the places that have bathroom vaults can be pretty disgusting so having another choice when we go to public places with our son, his wife & grandkid we needs some more than those vaults for Sally & me.

Pit toilets are awesome! especially when they don't stink! The fancy ones in the Grand Canyon use solar powered ventilation fans that suck air through the seat into a chimney. For all others, just bring a respirator with an OVAG rating. They say you need to put the filters inside a ziplock bag to preserve the activated carbon, but tbh, in pit toilets, my set has worked just fine over the past 3 years.

1565997214806.png

https://www.amazon.com/3M-62023HA1-C-Professional-Multi-Purpose-Respirator/dp/B002NMICB2/

Back
Top Bottom