The Random Dose of FUNNY Thread

IMG_20190810_161501.jpg

Yeah. When I was a teenager, I pumped gas at my Uncle's ARCO station. He taught me to change tires on a Coates 1010 tire machine, and I was warned to NEVER touch a split rim!

Yes, just assembled five for a 41 Dodge WC27 Ambulance. Never had an issue with them. It is becoming harder to find the right long bendable stem tubes for the dually type split rims.

Wow!!! that brings back memories. Split rings, non-split rings, and non-split rings with a split lock ring. All of these could kill. When I was 16 I was the tire guy at a local garage. Every night there would be 5-10 flats from all the tree trimming contractors trucks we serviced. We did have a proper cage though with a way to monitor, and pressurize/ depressurize from a safe distance. Not like the expanded metal POS in the video. You will drop a load the first time you see one let go. I cringe everytime I see a video of idiots reseating beads with starter fluid. It can burn the inside of the tire and weaken it causing a similar situation with even tubeless tires. Several Bubbas have died doing that.

Back
Top Bottom