Warns Epic Sidewinder and Epic Hyperlink

^^^^Funny you say that...a group of us did what we called Bungee Jeeping one year out at Truckhaven (Tierra del Sol Desert Safari location in SoCal). We were following a water run off up a hill, it ended at a vertical bluff at the top. One of the group dropped a strap over the edge to see if it reached the bottom...it did. Game on...we began lowering each other down the bluff, our rigs hanging from a strap. Stupid...ABSOLUTELY, but we pulled it off.

I know you're wondering how we got the last guy down...the first guy down went back to the top and lowered him down, then backtracked back to the bottom.

Stupid...ABSOLUTELY, but we pulled it off.
Nice! If I were stuck in a precarious situation, I'd trust the good 'ol boy types to figure it out over a stuffed shirt, recovery expert any day of the week. There are people that talk about how do stuff and then there are people that get shit done! YRMV

^^^^Too funny. That would be a thrill:jump:
When I was a caver in the 90s, I rappelled from NRG bridge on bridge day. The base jumpers where saying,"man, that's low". The rappellers were saying "man, that's high!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom