2019 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out logistics for Saturday night with a possible conflict but otherwise I definitely want to participate in the potluck. Do we need more sides or do we need more mains?

Well plans changed again do to stupid stuff I have no control over. Sorry gona have to cancel for the second year in a row. Might get a chance to stop by Friday I hope. Please open my spot.

Well plans changed again do to stupid stuff I have no control over. Sorry gona have to cancel for the second year in a row. Might get a chance to stop by Friday I hope. Please open my spot.

Sucks to hear that Rich! Hope to see you at the next RV.

Is the location accessible from the south (e.g., Plaster City), or better to come in off 78 @Ocatillo Wells?

Thanks!
The road is normally pretty good from plaster city, with some spots of soft silty sand. With the current weather they have had who knows though

Friendly reminder: Please sign up at check-in to be a competitor regardless if you signed up here. We will accept entries until 1600/4:00p on Saturday.

Ideally those competing in the CAMP cooking competition will have actually cooked their dish in CAMP. Not just made it at home with access to your full gourmet kitchen and staff and merely brought it to the competition.

Due to some scheduling issues, looks like we might not make it until Saturday late morning. Still looking forward to the trip! Think we are doing our Thai Chicken curry over rice again this year. :-D

BIG THANKS to all the great companies that stepped up to make our 9th Annual #SoCalDesertRendezvous another great success!

044D1204-800A-4388-BF27-6AC006B4E594.jpeg

Don’t forget to study the FIRST POST in this thread so you know what’s going on!

PRINT you schedule and your HOLD HARMLESS and bring them with you!

Was just reading that the Blue Angels are in town (El Centro). Hoping we get buzzed on the Friday ride in the sand dunes

A few last minute things. Most of the local staff is packing and prepping for the weekend, we will do our best to answer questions but you best course of action is to read the first post in this thread.

Make sure you have printed your hold harmless, there is nowhere within 25 miles to print one

Print or save the schedule to your phone

Please do not show up early, or permit has strict guidelines and we will abide by them.

When you do show up, please check in for your swag and any last minute updates then find a place to camp. There is plenty of room, you will get a spot. We do not have to be on top of each other, but as this is a community event, it really does make it better if you are close to the group and not a 1/4 mile off on your own. Get to know people, make friends and plan future trips.

Also remember this is a family friendly environment, which means there will be kids and dogs, please keep your speed down in camp

Pack it in pack it out. Let's leave it better than we found it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom