The Random Thoughts Thread

So, after a phone call and email placed to my local Congressman, all of my backpay suddenly showed up in my bank account today - 2 weeks after they told me it would be a year!

So glad to finally be done with that part of the VA bullshit. :jump:
That's really great news! Thank goodness there's no shortage of bullshit that the VA can supply you with.

The little-known 1918 Ford Model T Overland Edition:

6.jpg

I am not ready for snow yet! I jackknifed my truck/trailer in the driveway. The winch cable on my plow broke. The rope wound itself tight on the spool. Trying to fix it in the dark while it's snowing sideways:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh shit... :wow

Insight, NASA's Mars lander, just landed on Mars!
That's pretty monumental in terms of the technology and labor that enabled it to be accomplished. Too bad the news of it will be likely left on the cutting room floor of most news production outlets to report some stupid political in-fighting...

Trekpak. Sold to Pelican and now damn near unobtainium. Pity.

This is an invoice for 4 pieces of material, a pin pack and a cutting tool. Shipping is more than the materials... total price gouging on the shipping to discourage the purchase of this product or what?

5E68DAD1-9171-4AE3-AB36-9601D9A5DCC8.png

Just when we thought CA couldn't come up with any more stupid programs, now there is an initiative to TAX TEXTING, not only that, the proposal wants to TAX retroactive for the last 5 years!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-to-consider-taxing-text-messages-reports-say

Wow. I particularly took interest in this sentence:

Charges may also be applied retroactively to messages sent in the past five years, which has raised questions concerning the proposal’s legality.

When has the California legislature ever cared about the legality of anything in passing this stuff!

Just when we thought CA couldn't come up with any more stupid programs, now there is an initiative to TAX TEXTING, not only that, the proposal wants to TAX retroactive for the last 5 years!

Well, when a state is functionally bankrupt and circling the drain . . .

..." If you drive a car I'll tax the street.
If you try to sit I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat.
If you take a walk I'll tax your feet.

TAXMAN!"

Well, when a state is functionally bankrupt and circling the drain . . .

..." If you drive a car I'll tax the street.
If you try to sit I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat.
If you take a walk I'll tax your feet.

TAXMAN!"
Well, this will give "Prince Andrew of New York" something to think about. It will be a usage fee, not a tax. Kind of like the one he imposed on vehicle registrations.

Back
Top Bottom