Sur Ron Electric Bike

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
I spent a few hours last night looking at these. For $3200, it seems like it would be good vehicle to take to an event like a rendezvous. You can get a pedal kit, so it's a legit moped. At only 100lbs, it could go on a heavy duty bike rack. Has anyone here ever ridden one?
A link:

Capture1.PNG

The electric bike guys have been all over these. Supposed to be pretty damn good. However the "pedal" kis is a gimmick, they really cant be pedal powered.....

I did a conversion myself on an old bike. It can truly be pedaled, and will run ~36mph at WOT. Only downside to my setup is the batteries are in my backpack.

25561746117_2d39c0d4eb_b.jpg

The other downside, the batteries take A LOT of power to recharge, that would be the same with any Ebike though.

^^^^ So cool. I'd like to find out how much riding you can do on a charge.
I have not fully pushed the limits yet, but the design was 15 mile rage at nearly WOT. I am running a 52V pack that is 16AH. I put a shunt on it, and I should get more like 18-20 with the riding I have been doing, but no super long rides yet sadly.... I was planning to ride it to work, but I have been needing to be more mobile from the office lately.

Its a 3000w motor (if you run it at a full 72V). Running the motor at 52V as planned is ~2080 watts, 2kw = 2.68HP, motor is rated at 100Nm torque, so lets say we take 2/3 of that like the watts, 66Nm = 48ft lbs of torque. If you dont watch what gear your in it will launch you off the bike if you hit the throttle (front wheel airborne immediately). Its scary in lower gears....

Build thread for the bike: https://americanadventurist.com/forum/threads/two-wheels-and-electricity.5829/

Back
Top Bottom