Frankie the Adventure Dawg's Reports

We went to Pismo (Oceano Dunes)! I love running in the sand. When human rides away on his motorcycle, I chased him to the top of the dune dodging traffic. He looked back and saw me chasing him and had to take me all the way back. I'd say our doghouse is pretty cool. Garrett was super nervous mobbing that thing back into the dunes, but he didn't get stuck. He did, however, spill all the fridge contents everywhere....good thing Bentley and I make a good cleanup crew!
IMG_2938.jpg
IMG_2940.jpg
IMG_2946.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2957.jpg
IMG_2958.jpg

You didn't think we'd stick around for a 3-day weekend, did ya? Human started the weekend by destroying things (bad plumbing). He tried to say Bentley and I did it, but in reality, we saw Brittni take down those walls!
IMG_3057.jpg

After a loud evening, human took his time in the morning waking up, having a little more plumbing work done, and then we got our car ride! All the snarfles in the wind out the window! We went up to Paso Robles and made a quick pit stop. Apparently, I don't like watching people play cornhole while on leash, because I made a scene at the winery as people played and had to be put in the truck.
IMG_3065.jpg

After wine tasting, we cruised up to Lake Nacimiento in the early afternoon and found a shady spot to park out in front of Brittni's dad's lakehouse. We got to run around, sniff things, visit people, chase birds....pee on stuff....the usual!
IMG_3066.jpg

The next day, we were up and at 'em! We were thrown on the pontoon boat and we cruised out on Lake Nacimiento to Las Tablas cove. Brittni's family showed up and Bentley and I entertained the children by racing them to the tennis balls they threw in the water. I sure got dog tired!
IMG_3073.jpg
IMG_3099.jpg
IMG_3097.jpg

On the way in, I got to be the captain!
IMG_3103.jpg

The next day, I was so sore from all my activity that I slept all morning under the trailer or on the bed. I barely moved! Talk about fun!

Well, wine can be said to be an adventure, right? We had a local adventure weekend and bounced around to some vineyards in the sun. I got to sniff a few visiting dog butts and I actually behaved myself! Who knew! Human was so relaxed that maybe I felt I didn't have to be on guard.
IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_3128.JPG

But of course, I made up for it on Monday. I was locked outside for the day because a plumber was coming to break the foundation of the house in the broken bathroom. I broke through the doggie door when they arrived and chased them out of the house! :50:jollyroger:spy

I'm pretty sure the plumber looked like this: :run because he called Garrett and said, "Your dog scared the shit out of me and won't let us in the house. He's staring at us from the front window just daring us to set foot inside again. We'll come back tomorrow." :rofl

example of excellent home security:
IMG_2875.jpg

We headed into the Santa Barbara backcountry last weekend. We camped and played in the Manzana Creek! I ate something (dead, alive, who knows) and now I have nasty farts. Garrett grilled some petite sirloins, chicken kebabs and veggies on the grill. It was a relaxing time, we were in bed by 1030! Garrett used his coleman folding camp oven to bake fresh croissants the next morning. All in all, a great time! It was perfectly warm, but the water levels are receding! We'll have to get back up before it's a trickle.
IMG_3154.jpg
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3160.jpg
IMG_3168.jpg
IMG_3171.jpg
IMG_3172.jpg
IMG_3179.jpg
IMG_3206.JPG

Last edited:
Human is finally giving us some darn respect. He focused all this attention on himself, leaving us to go to Seattle and Colorado. I mean, do you know how much horse manure I could have rolled in in Colorado? This is an OK start to making up for that. We went up to Larkspur to visit Garrett's brother, in a little town north of San Francisco with awesome weather, great restaurants, wine tasting close by and fun hikes! We even stopped at the Winchester Mystery House on the way home in San Jose.
IMG_3764.jpg
IMG_3771.jpg
IMG_3774.jpg
IMG_3784.jpg
IMG_3788.jpg

This is it! We’ve danced by the water beneath the Mexican sky while drinking margaritas by a string of soft lights. We’ve shared beautiful memories (and gross dog farts). Frankie almost ate your ring, but you still said a thousand times YES! I’m so ready for this adventure with you!
C1CA739D-39C7-4DD8-ADBA-8A8EBF96A3F4.jpeg

F76DB078-4CD1-49B5-AC82-19939F5C9AA8.jpeg

6A2200DC-65ED-4845-ABCC-87147791551A.jpeg

1472AC0C-F36B-48E4-B425-ED6BA933B0BD.jpeg
949A3B81-EB27-46BD-8001-87E9F9145400.jpeg
CE497049-EBDD-44B4-AF79-F13D088AC5BC.jpeg
AB8F8FB2-9200-4195-951F-19916E29F4D8.jpeg

...and then I ate it.

Hey, Frankie, did you hear about the dognapping in the woods behind Santa Barbara where we went camping this weekend?

IMG_4183.jpg
"oh my!"

It's OK, he woke up!

IMG_4184.jpg

We went camping at Upper Oso Campground behind Santa Barbara and went up to Red Rocks for the swimming holes!

IMG_4188.jpg
IMG_4195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom