Four Wheel Camper Swift on a...

The brackets where easy to make and cut down with wood working tools. They started off as aluminum C channel since that is what I had laying around. I would have preferred to use angle aluminum.
20170808_182110.jpg

20170808_173801.jpg

20170808_173804.jpg

20170808_173813.jpg

Great idea for mounting the awning, using your jack attachment points. I may copy this. I have been turning about a thousand ideas over in my head of how to make use of our arb awning and this looks like the ticket.

Turn key pkg $50k

2013 Toyota Tacoma 68,000 miles dealer maintained all records avalible and clean title in hand.

SUSPENSION
ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass Suspension
ARB Dakar Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091
U Bolt Flip Kit
Wheelers Front Superbump Bump Stops
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring
Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle
SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms
All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines
EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads

WHEELS TIRES
TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze
BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare.

ARMOR
ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope
B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders

PERFORMANCE
ARB Safari Snorkel
TRD Performance Exhaust System
Pelfreybuilt Battery Cage
DieHard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31 (Odyssey 31-PC2150S)

INTERIOR
Clazzio Leather Seat Covers
LIGHTING
ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights
Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights
LED's in the map and dome lights
Front Doors:
Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9
Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s
Back Doors:
Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½
Bass:
Rockford Fosgate Single 12 P3 Shallow Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
Rockford FosgateP700-1BD Sub Amp

OTHER
Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed
Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors
Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount
PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack
T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem
Ceramic Window Tint
bushwacker fender flares

2017 Four Wheel Camper Swift like new condition.

Dry Weight: 1240 lbs. Height Down (including vent): 54″ (most trucks)Roof Length: 111″Floor, Length: 70″Body, Width: 75″Adult Sleeping: 2 – 3, Extended Interior Height: 6′ 4″, Roof/Wall Framing: Aluminum, Exterior Material: Aluminum, Fresh Water Capacity: 26 Gallons

Aluminum Jack Brackets
Zamp Solar 160w Solar
Isotherm Cruise 65 Elegance 2-way Fridge/Freezer
Forced Air Furnace with Digital Thermostat
DSI 6 Gallon Water Heater with Outside Shower
Fantastic Fan Powered Roof Vent
Right SideARB 2500 Awning Left Side & Touring Awning Room With Floor
Yakima Roof Tracks
Thermal Pack
Two Deep Cycle Batteries
Dometic Flush Mount Glass Top Stove
Dometic Flush Mount Glass Top Sink
AT Overland Equipment Water/Fuel Can Corner Bracket & Holder
Left Side ARB 2500 awning & Touring Room With Floor
Yakima Roof Tracks
Thermal Pack
Two Deep Cycle Batteries
Silver Spur Exterior

https://www.lonestaradventurer.com/tacoma
https://overlandgearexchange.com/bu...yota-tacoma-with-2017-four-wheel-camper-swift

Well with the Taco is gone and we got a new to us truck, a 2015 Ram Power Wagon. The truck should not even know our little Swift is back there! Looks like We will need to build a platform for it so that it will clear the cab of the truck.

This should work out well until we can get the camper sold and get one that will fit the truck better.

20180421_150951.jpg
20180421_150727.jpg
20180421_125302.jpg

The Camper is now on its 3rd awning and 2nd truck, oh and its for sale. But you already knew that... The photos are from our first 3 trips with the camper mounted to the new truck. Sorry they are somewhat out of order, I will try to post up the photos as trips happen.
baY.jpg
Camp.jpg
DIRT ROAD.jpg
jAM POT BAKERY.jpg
swift11.jpg
RUINS.jpg
ROCKET.jpg
ROCKET2.jpg
dust.jpg
KAYLEE TRUCK.jpg

CAMPFIRE.jpg
START OF DIRT ROAD.jpg
Kaylee point.jpg
MAP.jpg

My camper (SunLite SkyHawk) was designed for a mini truck, I had to do the platform thing to get it to clear the cab as well. I kind of like the idea that I can close my tailgate with the camper in the bed. Like you, we use the tailgate as a "porch". I also like the fact that the camper doesn't have a lot of overhang on the sides, if the truck fits on a trail, the camper will fit as well. I store all kinds of stuff between the camper and the truck bed. I have JUST enough room on the driver side to store my Honda 2KW generator.

With a young 'un, I can see where you'd prefer a little more interior room in the camper.

Since it seems we will have this camper throughout the summer we needed to make it a little bit more habitable at night for our infant. So we decided to toss in a small window shaker. Ended up going with a cheap 5.1k BTU Soleus Air that I am not to happy with. We will more than likely take it back and spend the money to get a nice one. Also picked the new Honda EU2200i generator.

20180721_170103.jpg
20180721_170039.jpg
20180721_170048.jpg
20180714_173800.jpg

I have yet to mount the AC unit we bought for our camper. Installing it will require me to break out the rear window on our northstar and I am paranoid I will not be able to make it work and will then not have the rear window , lol. I like how you set yours up. Did you have to rig us a way for that window to swing out like that or is it designed for that function?

I have yet to mount the AC unit we bought for our camper. Installing it will require me to break out the rear window on our northstar and I am paranoid I will not be able to make it work and will then not have the rear window , lol. I like how you set yours up. Did you have to rig us a way for that window to swing out like that or is it designed for that function?

I can answer the question about the window. FWC uses that size window, that has an emergency pop out section. You release two handles inside and you can swing that window up and it will come off. This is so you can get out if for some reason you could not get out via the rear door. I have not seen it used in this fashion before.

Never liked how tall I made the platform to fit the camper to the truck. Disassembled it today and took about 3 inches out of its height. It's about as low as I think I can safely go. There is about 2.5 inches clearance between the center of the cab and the camper now.
20180728_200636.jpg
20180728_190710.jpg
20180728_190649.jpg
20180728_190639.jpg
20180728_200705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom