Excursion/ATV hauler Trailer

I had to order some molded body mounts so it can be mated together.

Will update with pics as soon as it is connected.

Been busy at work and rebuilding my 73 IHC with 1 tons, NV4500 and NP205.... Trailer is on holding pattern without a tow vehicle...:dunno

Quick update! Had to trailer the trailer to a friends house in Frazier park. Long story short but had to get it finished by him but couldn't tow safely.
Body mounts were permanently welded, I wired the lighting, and it is now road worthy.
Rear of frame was also boxed up since the previous fabricator had done it sketchy at best. Brought it back to LA and will DMV it this week.
Towed good too...

20170430_235027.jpg

Last edited:
Quick update? We had been waiting 2 years.

Looks like progress.
Tell me about it! Here is the short story long...

So I started working on the trailer and planning to tow with my 73 International Scout. I put new h1 rims and tires and broke the rear Dana 44 like 3 years ago. I was talked into going with 1 ton differentials but then I decided to rebuild the truck. So needless to say, the only thing original in that truck is the chassis, body, and engine. It now has a NV4500 Transmission with a custom Hurst Short shifter and cooling, Dual Stick NP205, 14 bolt rear end, Dana 60 front end, and true 1 ton driveshafts. Detroit locker in the rear, Truetrac in the front and only the rear axles need to be upgraded to chromoly. Truck has about a 15 inch lift, Fox shocks, hydroboost brakes and steering assist.

Last year after my club's event, I decided to go with an EFI system. That caused a 9 month delay and I almost thought I had lost this trailer because it was in a yard for close to 3 years. But luckily my friend took it over, got it all welded up this past weekend. I did the wiring on Sunday so now that it is in LA I can work on it like planned.

IMG_20170424_094158_907.jpg

IMG_20170424_095325_430.jpg

IMG_20170424_001902_699.jpg

Last edited:
Havent updated in a while but I upgraded the axle to 8000#s with a bolt pattern to match my Scout II. Currently towing with our Landcruiser to get it finished.

20180225_134224.jpg

Not enough weight capacity in the bed? I was looking at them for dirt bikes.

This service bed is from a 60's IH Travellete Campers Special, has 1/4 diamond plate for the bed, and the camper was used right about till I purchased it from the second owner. Weighs around 1800#s empty but I don't think it will be an issue to tow the 4x4 ATV I am planning to get or a small side by side if I can make it fit! It has a 48 1/2 bed width but a friend says I can make it fit if I go the trail size side by side route...

Trailer is getting Raptor lined and the custom tubing is being powder coated... Can't wait to see it out in the sun!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom