Post up your Favorite Home made Kitchen Creations!

The Sheriff

Adventurist
Post up your Favorite Home made Kitchen Creations!

Tonight, it's Pizza Bread in the toaster oven!

Start with sliced sourdough bread. Then pour on some four cheese spaghetti sauce.

Then add a slice of yummie pepper jack cheese!

Then slice your $0.99 cent store pork sausage and install!

Sprinkle with red crushed peppers before broiling in your toaster oven! Yum!

Wow! Instant Awesome Pizza bread!

And you didn't even have to call Dominos! And pay $25 Bucks!

......your turn.....:eat:chef

Just where is my Pizza Smilie when I need him.....

....GO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck Goes To The Scarborough Fair

We call it "Chuck Goes to the Scarborough Fair", it's one of my daughter's favorite meals.
Typically it is a small chuck roast (in this case it's thin cut ribeye, but we buy what's on sale)

Coat with olive oil,
Sprinkle with kosher salt,
then a thick layer of (come on Simon and Garfunkle fans, don't let me down!) Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.

In the oven it goes at 400 degrees until it's just warm on the inside (about 140 degrees)
Put it under the broiler for a few minutes (until the spice layer is nice and crusty, or the smoke alarm goes off - whichever comes first)

Slice into thin strips and serve with roasted fingerling potatoes (with olive oil, salt and pepper), Romaine, radish and cucumber.

Yummy.

That looks good!

We do sorta the same dish but use a section of venison loin. I rub it with olive oil, crushed garlic, and than basically the same spices as your chuck Jim. We start it in the oven broiling than turn down the temp once the oustide browns and slow roast until done. Its served usually with parsley fingerling taters or is thin sliced and stuffed in a flat bread with feta cheese, diced tomatoes and lettuce and then grilled. Drizzle a little cucumber sauce over the filling and get ready to have yer ears laid back.

I got hungry late tonight so I made the most totally awesome meal!

Start with your frozen turkey ground meat that you got on sale for 75% off!. Then slice and install all of your veggies!

Red Potato, Jalapeno Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion. Spinach.....and any other you like!

Then crack four eggs into a bowl and install milk! Whip and stir! Install into the skillet!

You now have the most comforting and tasty meal that you could ever have! It's almost an Omelet, but you do not have to turn it Over!

HOLY!

Carry On!

DSCF1617_zpscdeeb6c8.jpg

DSCF1619_zps61e0f9da.jpg

The counter will be wiped off after the meal!......LOL!

That's a "frittata"

-Andy

Andy is quite correct...

It originates from Italy and stems from fritta or "to fry."

To amp-up the flavor and texture SWR, take a similar sized skillet, place on top of the frittata skillet and flip it quickly, or bake it in the oven at high heat for about 5 minutes. This will provide the same crisped texture to the top of the dish you prepared and better cook and increase the temperature of the top center of the dish, as you have it presented.

Thank you.....

Although I am not quite sure anyone of these fine people ever turned their pans upside down. So now I am quite confuzzelled......

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=frittata

Mine is not a Frittata......it's a Float anything in egg SWR! A true original!.....LOL!

When you put a Lid on as I have done, (only took off to take this pic, to share). It Steams just fine from the top down. Another SWR tip......

Mine tasted Wonderful!.....:eat

.....:chef:clang:guitar

Last edited:
Thank you.....

Although I am not quite sure anyone of these fine people ever turned their pans upside down. So now I am quite confuzzelled......

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900&va=frittata

Mine is not a Frittata......it's a Float anything in egg SWR! A true original!.....LOL!

When you put a Lid on as I have done, (only took off to take this pic, to share). It Steams just fine from the top down. Another SWR tip......

Mine tasted Wonderful!.....:eat

.....:chef:clang:guitar

You are right SWR - your dish is a true original and it looks spectacular! I regret I confused you by comparing it to a frittata and I should have been more explicit in my explanation...

"The partly cooked frittata is not folded to enclose its contents, like an omelette, but it is instead either turned over in full,[4][7][8] or grilled briefly under an intense salamander to set the top layer,[3][5][7] or baked for around five minutes.[9]"

[3] Delia Smith (1998). Delia's How To Cook. Book One. BBC Worldwide. pp. 48–49. ISBN 0-563-38430-1. "the Italian word here is lentamente—very slowly"
[4] Robert Carrier (1963). Great Dishes of the World. Sphere Books (published 1967). p. 121. ISBN 0-7221-2172-5.
[5] Sarah Brown (1984). Vegetarian Cookbook. HarperCollins. p. 127. ISBN 0-7225-2694-6.
[7] Nigel Slater (1992). Real Fast Food. Penguin Books (published 2006). pp. 39–40. ISBN 978-0-14-102950-4.
[8] Gillian Riley (1 November 2007). "Eggs". The Oxford Companion to Italian Food. Oxford University Press. p. 168.
[9] Jamie Oliver. "roasted chilli frittata". Jamie magazine issue 7. Archived from the original on 2011-03-03.

From your previous post I think you should reconsider the name, "Float anything in egg SWR!" Not very catchy and the image of "floater" suggests something less than pleasant to my mind.

I suggest you call it the CONFUZZELLE!

Arkansas Peace Makers my wife & I call them. homemade Deer Sausage made up Sweet Italian style, we homemade BBQ Sauce, BBQ Boston Butt cooked 10 hrs, she makes a killer to die for Apple Jicama Poppy Seed slaw, dill pickles, creole mustard, bacon.
To build this using a good quality hoagie roll, then the grilled Deer Sausage, Creole Mustard, 3 Dill Pickle slices, BBQ Pulled Pork, BBQ Sauce, Bacon Crumbles & Sally's Apple Jicama Poppy Seed Slaw. Our guest go crazy over this. You can founder on these.

18221802_1330754670306737_6669325602350527357_n.jpg

17757178_1310581892324015_6039584275402259266_n.jpg

17799936_1310581808990690_9119964491636799118_n.jpg

17796800_1310581752324029_2218398444955118490_n.jpg

Arkansas Peace Makers my wife & I call them. homemade Deer Sausage made up Sweet Italian style, we homemade BBQ Sauce, BBQ Boston Butt cooked 10 hrs, she makes a killer to die for Apple Jicama Poppy Seed slaw, dill pickles, creole mustard, bacon.
To build this using a good quality hoagie roll, then the grilled Deer Sausage, Creole Mustard, 3 Dill Pickle slices, BBQ Pulled Pork, BBQ Sauce, Bacon Crumbles & Sally's Apple Jicama Poppy Seed Slaw. Our guest go crazy over this. You can founder on these.

View attachment 34198

View attachment 34199

View attachment 34200

View attachment 34201

When do we eat?!

Just tried this. I liked it but I think it still needs a little something. You'll have a lot of filling left.

1lb ground beef
1 16 oz. can of plain refried beans
1 pack of beef curry paste (or perhaps taco seasoning if you don't like curry)
1 can of crescent rolls.

Get the ground beef mostly done and add the curry paste. When done add the refried beans. Mix the filling thoroughly.

Spread out the crescent rolls and add about a tablespoon of filling. Fold the edges over top and bake per the instructions.

IMG_20181014_175626.jpg

Back
Top Bottom