NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hello all, My name is Collin..Southern California native currently residing in Oceanside. I have been registered member on the site for a couple months now I think. I came across a rendezvous picture on instagram one day and became really excited about possibly going to the desert, however I was late for the registration. So now I am back in high anticipation over the so cal mountain and the upcoming registration and I am vowing to myself not to miss out so I understand now the easiest way to accomplish this would be increasing my participation so here I am happy to be here seems like a very welcoming group and I look for ward to meeting everyone.

I am a life long Toyota fan, I started with a 2002 Toyota Tundra extended cab 2WD, then a 2013 Scion FRS, and now I have a 2015 Tacoma double cab long bed 4WD. And I am so happy to be back in a truck and now especially a 4WD and looking forward to getting out to use it. I will get some pics uploaded later.
:clang

Hey everyone, the names David. Currently living in Oceanside, Ca; originally from Spokane, Wa. I'm pretty new to legit overlanding, most of my experience is with backpacking or short day drives on the trails. Right now I daily drive an imported an ex-mil 1989 Land Rover Defender HT 2.5L petrol. No real mods yet, just slowly rebuilding things as I have the time/money in order to make it more reliable. But considering that I daily drive it at highway speeds already, I think I'm ahead of the power curve as far as Defenders go. Anyways, I'm pretty excited to dive headfirst into the community and some new projects!

11813499_10155903335695553_7725121825219560874_n.jpg
11831645_10155872918230553_6129230454295231222_n.jpg
11903744_10155941392295553_4043466272090390803_n.jpg
12790970_10156573110195553_5226119070863927420_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, the names David. Currently living in Oceanside, Ca; originally from Spokane, Wa. I'm pretty new to legit overlanding, most of my experience is with backpacking or short day drives on the trails. Right now I daily drive an imported an ex-mil 1989 Land Rover Defender HT 2.5L petrol. No real mods yet, just slowly rebuilding things as I have the time/money in order to make it more reliable. But considering that I daily drive it at highway speeds already, I think I'm ahead of the power curve as far as Defenders go. Anyways, I'm pretty excited to dive headfirst into the community and some new projects!

Welcome David, keep us posted on the Land Rover mods.
Dale

Howdy,

I am Dan--Dave sent me a PM about this site 3 years ago while I was in Afghanistan--I couldn't access the site from there and promptly forgot about it. I was going through my PMs on ExPo the other day and saw it....Here I am! I drive a 97 Land Cruiser with a couple goodies bolted on. Most of my "overlanding" has been done in tactical vehicles--I mostly car camp, glamp, tent camp etc. Currently stationed in Virginia Beach.

Rausch Creek 8_21 020.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy,

I am Dan--Dave sent me a PM about this site 3 years ago while I was in Afghanistan--I couldn't access the site from there and promptly forgot about it. I was going through my PMs on ExPo the other day and saw it....Here I am! I drive a 97 Land Cruiser with a couple goodies bolted on. Most of my "overlanding" has been done in tactical vehicles--I mostly car camp, glamp, tent camp etc. Currently stationed in Virginia Beach.

View attachment 22510
Welcome Dan... good to hear from you again and see you surfacing here. :thumbsup

Hello everyone,
My name is Chris. I'm new to the overland experience. Enjoying every minute of it.
It was great meeting you Dave and your family over the 4th of July weekend. Can't wait for some more adventures.:hotdog

Hello, My name is Tim, everybody calls me Woody. I heard about this group from my friend over at SCCX. I drive an 05 Nissan Xterra. I just getting back into camping. I grew up camping with the family, Indian Guides, etc. but when I got into my 20's, the money bug got me and suddenly 25 years passed and I forgot how much fun it was to be in the woods. Thanks to my friends at SCCX I'm finding more opportunities.

Hello,
My name is Ryan. I have been an avid outdoor adventurist for as long as I can remember. Mostly backpacking, rock climbing, and kayaking among other things. Now that I have a family I'm working on building memories I'm the outdoors with my wife and children. I've got a K5 blazer and a Jeep XJ plus working on a home built expo trailer. I'll post a thread for it once I'm further along. I am also over on ExpoPortal, CK5, and NAXJA. I'd also like to thank Raul B for introducing me to the forum here.

Hello, My name is Tim, everybody calls me Woody. I heard about this group from my friend over at SCCX. I drive an 05 Nissan Xterra. I just getting back into camping. I grew up camping with the family, Indian Guides, etc. but when I got into my 20's, the money bug got me and suddenly 25 years passed and I forgot how much fun it was to be in the woods. Thanks to my friends at SCCX I'm finding more opportunities.

Another Xterra member finds their way here. Welcome Tim/Woody!

Back
Top Bottom