Wheel and tire fitment

Trump

Adventurist
Senior Staff
Founding Member
At some point during ownership wheels and tires often become part of the conversation. The "will it fit?" question comes up frequently and is never easily answered. The link below is the best tool I have found to adequately cover nearly all measurements in the wheel/tire/axle dynamic. This should help those of you who would like to select wheels with the proper offsets/insets like a pro.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Good luck!

This diagram is helpful if you need to understand the metric tire sidewall markings:

how_to_lt.jpg

I'm trying to get past the sticker shock - the price difference between 35's and 37's is staggering... :eek:

I'm trying to get past the sticker shock - the price difference between 35's and 37's is staggering... :eek:
Agreed.. Heck.. The last set of 315s I bought were around $1000 for the set. The ones I'm having put on the truck this week are gonna cost me $1600.. Tires ain't cheap.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

So far what I've seen on average is an increase of $100 per tire more when going from 35 to 37 inch tires.

So right now I'm looking at 37 inch AT's. I love BFG but the guys in the know who run Ram trucks like mine say stay away, so I'm looking at Nitto and Toyo

Toyo Open Country AT2 and Nitto Terra Grappler G2. :study

So right now I'm looking at 37 inch AT's. I love BFG but the guys in the know who run Ram trucks like mine say stay away, so I'm looking at Nitto and Toyo

Toyo Open Country AT2 and Nitto Terra Grappler G2. :study
Toyos are definitely a proven tire for ram trucks. Nitro, not so much. Ask @BlkWgn his thoughts on nitro tires.. Iirc he had them on his truck when he bought it, and he hated them. I assume you've looked at the Toyo RT?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom