Show your kitchen setup!

This is from a race down in Richmond last weekend. We were staying at Pocahontas State Park.
It was already dark and still pouring down rain so our set-up was rather rough. The food on the other hand was anything but!

There is fresh caught rockfish hidden in this foil packet (enough to feed both of us)
Foil Packet.jpg

We still had this much rockfish left so these two became appetizers and dessert. There were only two of us and we finished it all. I don't want to see another piece of fish for a while, but it tasted great.
Rock on Griddle.jpg

_DSC0016.jpg

There has been some changes since this pic. We have used the trailer quite a few times and love the kitchen set up.

Jeff

Your GLAMPING towels are going to fit in great with your setup. :bbq

Like the title says, add in some photos of how you roll (or cook them)...

My setup:

Pyromid charcoal grill on the left, snow peak large cutting board, cheapie 2 burner stove. Everything fits in the plastic tub on the right along with cups, bowls and cooking equipment... The ARB fridge is in the cab...

May I ask what the rack is that is sitting on top of you Coleman stove?
Thanks.
Jeff

It's a Slat grill.....the wind was howling at OX......increased cooking time by like 3....at first I used tinfoil as a wind break...spent alot of time fighting the tinfoil...cooking was not fun!!!!!but then i saw those in the vendor area...it worked awesome to keep the wind away from the burners...that day made Dill Salmon......wife was happy!!!

That is a cool set up.

Thanks...picked up the Pelican case from SemperToy, added the shelving and stuff.......anybody heard from him on his new endeavors??? he was the one who told me I should check out AAV..

Last edited:
Thanks...picked up the Pelican case from SemperToy, added the shelving and stuff.......anybody heard from him on his new endeavors??? he was the one who told me I should check out AAV..

I saw Jon in Moab 14-15 May -- we camped next door to each other with the rest of our small group. Dinner, campfire, breakfast, Fins and Things then he went back up north to his family along with his hemorrhaging front diff. Outstanding young man recently separated from the Marine Corps, I expect to see good things in his future.

I was just sorting my gear for an upcoming voyage to the islands, and I made this observation: my trusty Coleman camp stove is the oldest piece of field gear I own, dating back 31 years. All other field gear (and climbing gear) is routinely replaced due to wear, but that old Coleman stove is bulletproof, and it has really served me well over the decades. I certainly got my money's worth out of it, and then some... now, for sentimental reasons, I don't want to part with it, since it has accompanied me on so many excellent wilderness adventures. Sure, I still BBQ, or cook food directly over the fire, but for purely utilitarian purposes, that Coleman stove is the ticket. Thing will probably outlast me... I know there are other stoves out there, some undoubtedly more efficient, but this old Coleman has a history behind it, and I used it nationwide back in the days of paid tourism. Of course, I'm known for using things till they literally fall apart, or wear out from thrashing hard in the field... on the other hand, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, aye? When I die, I want that Coleman to be buried with me, so if I actually make it to Heaven I'll have a reliable stove on which to make my "cowboy coffee"---if I wind up in the other place, I reckon I won't need a stove, 10-4? :eek:

All VERY cool set-ups and an interesting read overall. I can't wait to post up some photos of the Snow Peak swag I'm adding to my arsenal of culinary overkill. (Thanks Dave for getting me hooked on that stuff!!

I'm trying to decide what we are doing with out camp kitchen set up now...with no more Tiger and a new FJ with nothing built into the back I feel almost like I'm starting over. I like the Pelican idea. Since neither of us plan to build anything permanent into the back of our trucks, some kind of carrying case would be good. If only I could find one of those old Campmate Organizers!

I'm trying to decide what we are doing with out camp kitchen set up now...with no more Tiger and a new FJ with nothing built into the back I feel almost like I'm starting over. I like the Pelican idea. Since neither of us plan to build anything permanent into the back of our trucks, some kind of carrying case would be good. If only I could find one of those old Campmate Organizers!

I have a FJ cruiser as well. Space is very valuable. I hate packing things to the celling. I prefer to utilize the little visibility that I have. I have been trying to get all smaller sized cooking things. Some of the backpacking products are just as nice. Then I can use them for a dual purpose. Not just car camping but adventure cycling and backpaking.

When it cools off I will be re-building my storage drawer system. Id like to keep
all my "chuck box" in one drawer.

Back
Top Bottom