NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

I'm Chris.
Growing up, I always wanted a Jeep. I finally got one two years ago and I enjoy taking it out on the trails. I like the idea of driving out to the middle of no where, setting up camp, and enjoying the face that my company can't call me because I don't have cell phone reception.

Integrity means doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.

Welcome Chris! We feel the same way sometimes... but we do like to get together with like-minded adventurists sometimes at the Rendezvous. Maybe put that on your travel calendar for next year!

Just a few pics of my trucks.

The cruiser in the Black Hills South Dakota a few weeks ago.

The Taco getting sloppy in Florida.

Amador here! Currently residing in Louisville, KY. Been exploring this country since 2007 with my 01 Toyota Sequoia, which rolled 250K miles on recent Roadtrip. Really enjoy reading about your builds and travel adventure. It has been inspiring and have learned a lot about what to do and not do on my own adventure rig/daily driver. Look forward to meeting you at some local event or out on the trail. Be sure to stop by and say hi & I'll be sure to reach in the cooler for some Kentucky's finest Bourbon!

Cheers!

How do folks. My name is Chris, once a Brit, now a proud American. Owner/Founder of a small disaster training company (no link, no idea what the rules are) Got a 2015 Tacoma Sport 4 X 4 with no serious mods allowed (she who must be obeyed) until 80K miles - I am at 34'000. All offers of extra milage, fried Spam, warm beer, great views adventures, not only considered but jumped upon. I also fly paraglider and do "hold my beer" with the best of em. Great forum. Thanks for the great work. I cannot wait to rip my truck up and blame it on you nice people

How do folks. My name is Chris, once a Brit, now a proud American. Owner/Founder of a small disaster training company (no link, no idea what the rules are) Got a 2015 Tacoma Sport 4 X 4 with no serious mods allowed (she who must be obeyed) until 80K miles - I am at 34'000. All offers of extra milage, fried Spam, warm beer, great views adventures, not only considered but jumped upon. I also fly paraglider and do "hold my beer" with the best of em. Great forum. Thanks for the great work. I cannot wait to rip my truck up and blame it on you nice people
About time you introduced your self Chris. I expect to see you at Desert Rendezvous next year. Chris understates the disaster training, he is a wealth of knowledge and has a way of teaching it that inspires confidence and keeps you wanting more.

http://www.basecamp-expeditions.com/

Hi Everyone. New to the group with my first experience at Appalachian Rendezvous 2015. My brother @Cboyd suggested we meet up with our kids for a weekend of camping and wheeling and we had a blast. Even in the rain, there was no other place I'd rather be. I am active with the Old North State Cruiser club and try to get to URE as often as possible.

Thanks for the hospitality and see you on the trails!

Here is a few of my fav pics from this weekend.
Cheers!

2015-09-25 19.17.59.jpg
2015-09-25 19.18.36.jpg
2015-09-26 07.57.34.jpg
2015-09-26 10.49.35.jpg
2015-09-26 11.53.30.jpg
shastaAAR2015.jpg

Hello All, just found this forum and joined. I've been looking for something like this forum for a while and glad I found it. I like to camp, hunt , fish, kayak, and just go exploring, all with either my motorcycle, 4 wheeler, or in my jeep commander. I've been to a couple of events and plan on attending more. I grew up in the mountains of Penna. and have been doing these things all my life. I have found some new things on here and enjoy checking out new places.

Hi Everyone,
In central New Mexico with three sons and a wife who all love to camp. Building a Nissan Titan with a Flippac and possibly a trailer down the road. I have fabrication skills and tools, but currently no garage or shop at my new place. Would like to meet other like minded folks in my area. Already love what I am seeing on the site, great job to all contributing.

Curtis Gillen

Welcome to the group, Curtis! I've only been through New Mexico and would love to see more of it. I'm looking forward to experiencing it vicariously through your adventures! Also, nice to see some Nissan representation. ;)

Howdy - Allow myself to introduce...myself.

I'm pretty sure I'm an American Adventurist. My wife and I are both 37 and live full time in a motor home while we travel the country and work. We have been doing this for 2 years. Once we got into Colorado we realized our Mini Cooper tow car wasn't going to cut it anymore. Now we drag behind us a 2015 Manual Pro4x Xterra. I've taken it over Mosquito Pass, Ophir Pass, Imogene Pass, we did the entire Alpine Loop, Bunce School Road, Tin Cup Pass and a bunch of other exploring in Colorado. Now we are in Arizona and have driving a lot of red rock roads in Sedona, and just this weekend we got our first introduction to desert pin striping in Bulldog Canyon and Rolls OHV area north of Phoenix. We're having a ton of fun and have only put a hole in one skid plate so far.

I am also a very avid scuba diver, so I seek out anywhere I can to dive. We have a blog for our travels called: drivedivedevour.com
Also drivedivedevour on Facebook and Instagram.

I also have a scuba diving Instagram account called @submechanophobia that is dedicated to my diving photos.

We are in Phoenix until mid November then meandering towards San Diego by way of Yuma for December. January will be in the desert around Anzo Borrego and Quartzite, then we turn back north west as the weather warms up. I'm looking forward to getting dirty all over the place.

I am also looking forward to catching one of the overland meet ups if they cross my path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome 00wabbit! Sounds like you've got a lot of travels already under your belt... looking forward to your sharing some of them with us.

Back
Top Bottom