NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Thanks for the info, will have to look them up. I had a local fabricator all lined up (according to his business card he is a "fabrication expert" offering "professional services") and told me that he could get me fully outfitted with custom skids front to back built to my specs. That was supposed to start Monday but he has backed with the excuse that he has tickets for two upcoming Nascar races and would be out of town (insert rolling my eyes emoji here) Talked to another local shop who informed me that my Jeep came with skid plates (no ____) and aftermarket skids were a waste of money (double rolling eyes) I envy those that live near a real offroad based business that takes pride in what they do. Btw, read your build out on your trailer. Turned out very nice.

Thanks for your kind words on the trailer. Still a work in progress. My trip to Nova Scotia is just 10 months away. Regarding skids and such, I'm creating a thread in the Garage / Jeeps section as to not clutter up this thread.

Last edited:
Hello all!

my name is Mike and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. My company has been going to The Overland Expos and I have had the please of meeting and talking with several of you. I am hoping to finish my Land Rover hybrid in time for the App Ren. Next year but in the mean time I wanted to drop in and see what was going on this year.

So if you are planning on going to Overland Expo East stop by LTWK and say hi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all!

my name is Mike and I am from Pittsburgh, PA. My company has been going to The Overland Expos and I have had the please of meeting and talking with several of you.

Welcome, what part of the Burg and what does your company do? I grew up in Sewickley.

Hello
My name is Karol, I found you guys through Instagram. I live in Brick NJ and drive '14 4Runner trail that I recently acquired, my previous truck was an FJ cruiser. I'm looking forward to attending camping/trail events, currently I'm getting ready to run New Hampshire Overland Challenge at the end of September.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 52
HI all, I'm Jeff from Detroit. I am a hiker, mountain biker, skier and snowboarder. My truck is a 2011 Ranger Sport with 33" tires and a 3" body lift. I'm building up my vehicle to get deeper into the wilderness, and to make a trans continental road trip to Rio for the 2016 Olympics. My girlfriend, Melissa, my dog Frank and I are all looking forward to meeting you at the Appalachian Rendevous.

Hello
My name is Karol, I found you guys through Instagram. I live in Brick NJ and drive '14 4Runner trail that I recently acquired, my previous truck was an FJ cruiser. I'm looking forward to attending camping/trail events, currently I'm getting ready to run New Hampshire Overland Challenge at the end of September.

Welcome Karol! Enjoy the NHOC and say to Richard... you'll know who he is.

HI all, I'm Jeff from Detroit. I am a hiker, mountain biker, skier and snowboarder. My truck is a 2011 Ranger Sport with 33" tires and a 3" body lift. I'm building up my vehicle to get deeper into the wilderness, and to make a trans continental road trip to Rio for the 2016 Olympics. My girlfriend, Melissa, my dog Frank and I are all looking forward to meeting you at the Appalachian Rendevous.

Welcome to the forum and to the Rendezvous in advance!

Welcome to the forum and to the Rendezvous in advance!
Thanks TangoBlue. I'm very interested in Tread Lightly, and I'm guessing you are the guy to talk to. I've been a LNT trainer in the past, and using the wilderness responsibly is a huge priority.

My name is Kris and Im from southern California. I've been camping and off roading since I was 3 months old.
I've been taking my daughter camping since she was 3 months old. What can I say....... I'm living the dream.

My name is Kris and Im from southern California. I've been camping and off roading since I was 3 months old.
I've been taking my daughter camping since she was 3 months old. What can I say....... I'm living the dream.

Welcome Kris!

Welcome to American Adventurist Kris!

:home

Howdy!

I'm Dave and I'm a budding adventurist. Always enjoyed traveling and camping, but haven't gotten to do much until recently. Found this great site earlier today and am looking forward to learning and embracing the lifestyle more. Currently reside in the Northern Virginia area. Born and raised in Florida. Spent 8 years in San Antonio during my military service.

Glad to be here.

Back
Top Bottom