NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Evening all,

My wife (Renee) and I (Scott) currently have 2 jeeps. Mine is a 2000 XJ, 4.5 long arm lift on 35s, powered by a 4.6 stroker. It's a hybrid crawler and overlander. My wife's is the much coveted 2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited with less than 60k in it - we're the original owners. We're about to start the pure overland build on hers.

I've been active duty army for over 20 years and we're about to be stationed in Salt Lake City within the next few months. Hoping to make the Overland Expo West event once we get there. Would love to find like minded folks for some western US overland adventures.

f938a38e98dbaadf5ec5f375de20b699.jpg
My 2000 XJ.

Welcome XJ Soldat! Nice truck and I understand your build completely. Several of us will be at Expo in May if you want to dip your toe in the American Adventurist pool.

Hello Team.

My Name is Cooper and I live in Prescott, Az. I stumbled across this forum mainly because I routinely check in on what Dave has been up to with his Tacoma and I saw that he started this awesome forum. I also have an '09 Tacoma with a flippac/dual battery/fridge and a few other features to make things a little more enjoyable when adventuring (primarily in the southwest). As I mentioned in my bio, I really enjoy rock climbing, mountain biking, and riding my motorcycle in the dessert. Motorcycling is a rather new hobby for me but so far I have really been loving it. I have learned a ton from folks like yourselves from ExPo, as well as Tacomaworld and I will do my best to keep up on answering any questions people may have for me on anything I my have learned while building out my Tacoma or any trips I have taken. Thanks for having me. :)

Cheers :beer ,
-Coops

Attachments

• DSCF2290.jpg
    DSCF2290.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 66
Hello ppl, Finally found a site where others enjoy doing nature things. Now is time for me to explore the world with my jeep jk n gf. We love nature n site seeing. So excited to be part of American adventurist ✌️

My Name is Cooper and I live in Prescott, Az. I stumbled across this forum mainly because I routinely check in on what Dave has been up to with his Tacoma and I saw that he started this awesome forum. I also have an '09 Tacoma with a flippac/dual battery/fridge and a few other features to make things a little more enjoyable when adventuring (primarily in the southwest). As I mentioned in my bio, I really enjoy rock climbing, mountain biking, and riding my motorcycle in the dessert. Motorcycling is a rather new hobby for me but so far I have really been loving it. I have learned a ton from folks like yourselves from ExPo, as well as Tacomaworld and I will do my best to keep up on answering any questions people may have for me on anything I my have learned while building out my Tacoma or any trips I have taken. Thanks for having me. :)

Cheers :beer ,
-Coops

Looks great form the pic, hopefully you can put together a build thread so we can see a bit more about your rig. Hope to see you at the Flippac at DRV

So excited to be part of American adventurist ✌️

Welcome to the forum Julio! We like our rigs but its their ability to carry all the gear and reach those remote areas for our other adventures that's the draw for us.

Looks great form the pic, hopefully you can put together a build thread so we can see a bit more about your rig. Hope to see you at the Flippac at DRV

Pretty soon i should get get free'd up to put up a few more pics and info for anyone they may want to check it out. However, I am not sure what the DRV is :confused:.

Pretty soon i should get get free'd up to put up a few more pics and info for anyone they may want to check it out. However, I am not sure what the DRV is :confused:.

DRV or Desert Rendezvous is one of the awesome events around here. Takes place on March 20-22. The location is still yet to be announced, but in general it is in the Desert, East of Los Angeles, West of Nevada or Arizona, South of I40 but North of Mexico. I have posted a couple of links from last years event. Keep an eye on the Community events section for more details and the RSVP list.

View attachment 11084

http://americanadventurist.com/Forum/showthread.php?1286-4th-Annual-Desert-Rendezvous-2014

Dutch Oven
http://americanadventurist.com/Foru...-Oven-Competition-and-Pot-Luck-a-HUGE-Success!

on a side note, do you know this handshake?

[video=youtube;qEgNO0Ayz3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgNO0Ayz3E[/video]

on a side note, do you know this handshake?

You're damn right I do! That's where I got the name. My favorite episode of all time!!!!! Nice work BlkWgn!!! :bowdown And thanks for the info on the DRV. I would love to come check it out and hopefully pull on some rocks in J-tree while I'm in the area.

Hello everyone. Geo here. Relatively new to the off road/camping shenanigans. I literally thought one day, "off roaring and camping sounds fun, maybe I can get into it" next week I traded in my Tacoma for a 4x4 FJ and I go out either camping or off roaring at least once a month.
Still have a lot to learn and hoping to meet interesting and knowledgeable people to share this amazing hobby with. I'm in Anaheim CA and will most likely attend the desert and mountain rendezvous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 60
Hi ECRIV here, I live in North County San Diego & try & get away from the crowds & out to the mountains as often as I can... Making sure my kids don't suffer from 'Nature Deficit Disorder' is my favorite excuse for adventure.
_DSC0256.jpg

I'm Joe, I've been a member since December 2013 but just a lurker mostly. I own a 93 landcruiser that I'm letting my 17 year old drive and learn to wrench on. I just picked up a super clean 01 Tacoma that I'm going to set up for overlanding/ backpacking trips with the family. I've been into off roading for quite awhile. I started with a 85 CJ-7 we did a frame off resto with. Moved into various trucks and jeepsuntil I got my 80 series. My fiancé and our daughters love the outdoors, hiking, backpacking, camping and fishing. I'm here to learn.
Stay safe,
Joe (FinsUp)

Back
Top Bottom