2014 Toys for Tots: Official Thread

Gentlemen, I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. But I just found this group online, and am not familiar with this event. It's clear from the posts that the event includes camping and no shortage of good food! But I can't tell for sure if there are opportunities to hit the trails during the day. Is this part of the plan? Does Pendleton have good terrain for this? (I drive a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.) A big part of my interest is based on finding a good group of responsible but fun people to go wheeling and camping with, including my two sons (11, 13). This group seems to fit the bill, but I honestly can't tell if this is part of the plan at Pendleton this Dec. Thanks in advance for your help and for tolerating my noobie question!!
Camp Pendelton being a Marine Corps base, the traffic for this event will be limited to the road from the gate to the lake and back.

That said, you have found the right group. Many of us are families or family friendly! Check out our trip planning section. You've perhaps already found our community events section, with details about our American Adventurist Rendezvous events, and others, like the Toys for Tots event, throughout the year. As desert camping season ramps up, you'll find more of us planning trips and getting out there!

So, WELCOME to AAV, we're glad you found us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen, I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. But I just found this group online, and am not familiar with this event. It's clear from the posts that the event includes camping and no shortage of good food! But I can't tell for sure if there are opportunities to hit the trails during the day. Is this part of the plan? Does Pendleton have good terrain for this? (I drive a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited.) A big part of my interest is based on finding a good group of responsible but fun people to go wheeling and camping with, including my two sons (11, 13). This group seems to fit the bill, but I honestly can't tell if this is part of the plan at Pendleton this Dec. Thanks in advance for your help and for tolerating my noobie question!!

Like Dave said this is the group you want. What I've found so far is there are go big camping trips and then there some who get together for some trail runs other times and then there are a few who do the trail runs to camp lol. I will probably start posting up more day trip trail runs like big bear gold mt runs etc like that very soon as I really like testing out my armor and rock sliders as often as I can. Granted it may be snow run season soon.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

Merito, I have been with this group for just over a year now. I can say that I am very protective of who I call friend and allow onto my life. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS NOW THAT I HAVE MET HERE! I embrace anything that this group does with open arms. Good people and good times!

Thank you all for the quick and friendly replies. We might still come camping, and will certainly look forward to meeting more people in this group and getting out there on the trails. I will watch the forums and look forward to meeting you.

Merito, I have been with this group for just over a year now. I can say that I am very protective of who I call friend and allow onto my life. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS NOW THAT I HAVE MET HERE! I embrace anything that this group does with open arms. Good people and good times!

Could not agree with this statement more. I have met more friends that I will say without a doubt are "lifetime" friends, from this forum. The events are always awesome.

Just because I'm already trying to figure out how to pack my Lil mariner. Is there any bathrooms on site? If not I'll bring my Restop gear but if I don't have too I'll leave it at home and save the space.

Just because I'm already trying to figure out how to pack my Lil mariner. Is there any bathrooms on site? If not I'll bring my Restop gear but if I don't have too I'll leave it at home and save the space.

It's been a couple of years since I was down there last, but I recall there being bathrooms available. im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mojoe Outfitters T4T Potluck!

Let's just make this official! Mojoe Outfitters will be hosting a potluck on Saturday (late afternoon/evening) for all attendees at the American Adventurist/Trasharoo T4T event. The Mojoe Outfitters Team consisting of myself, Kris and intern/apprentice Ralph (woody) will have 3-4 Mojoe Griddles set up and HOT near the central fire ring. We will also have two extra Camp Chef burners available for cooking that requires a pot or pan.

There are two ways to participate in this event:

1. Bring the ingredients for one of your favorite dishes and cook it yourself for others to try.

2. Bring a larger amount of one or two random ingredients. In this case, these random ingredients will be set on a table and those of us who consider themselves cooks ;) will be able to create a dish from the ingredients laid out before them. Sort of like the "Chopped" TV show on steroids! The Random Ingredients may include various meats/sausages, deer legs, vegetables, chopped/sliced onions and bell peppers, cooked rice or pasta, grated cheese, chillies, sauces, tortillas, ethnic foods, eggs, dairy foods, paper plates/bowls/tableware, etc., etc. This could be a good opportunity to clear out your freezer/fridge!

Get creative!

We will also be debuting potential new Mojoe product, a large deep fat fryer that fits on top of a Camp Chef stove! So, if anyone wants to cook a dish that requires deep frying, bring it on!

I'll be starting a new thread on this event shortly to gauge interest and for people to post up items or dishes that they will be bringing.

Cam

Let's just make this official! Mojoe Outfitters will be hosting a potluck on Saturday (late afternoon/evening) for all attendees at the American Adventurist/Trasharoo T4T event. The Mojoe Outfitters Team consisting of myself, Kris and intern/apprentice Ralph (woody) will have 3-4 Mojoe Griddles set up and HOT near the central fire ring. We will also have two extra Camp Chef burners available for cooking that requires a pot or pan.

1. Bring the ingredients for one of your favorite dishes and cook it yourself for others to try.

2. Bring a larger amount of one or two random ingredients. In this case, these random ingredients will be set on a table and those of us who consider themselves cooks ;) will be able to create a dish from the ingredients laid out before them. Sort of like the "Chopped" TV show on steroids! The Random Ingredients may include various meats/sausages, deer legs, vegetables, chopped/sliced onions and bell peppers, cooked rice or pasta, grated cheese, chillies, sauces, tortillas, ethnic foods, eggs, dairy foods, paper plates/bowls/tableware, etc., etc. This could be a good opportunity to clear out your freezer/fridge!

Get creative!

We will also be debuting potential new Mojoe product, a large deep fat fryer that fits on top of a Camp Chef stove! So, if anyone wants to cook a dish that requires deep frying, bring it on!

I'll be starting a new thread on this event shortly to gauge interest and for people to post up items or dishes that they will be bringing.

Cam

:bowdown

That's freakin' awesome Cam! What a great idea!

I predict a repeat of Mountain Rendezvous where Mojoe steals the show - you never know what they're doing next with a Mojoe griddle! :wow

mojoe seafood.jpg

Get creative!

Cam

Yup, outstanding idea!

I'm in! Myself, Paige and my two kiddos will be joining the 1020 outfitters crew! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Back
Top Bottom