NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS!

Hey y'all I'm caleb! Ive been a fan of this group a long time and finally got the money for my first truck after my subaru died on me. Not what I wanted to get but its a 4x4 f150 king ranch and I'm excited to get into overlanding. Eventually when funds allow it I'll move to Toyota. I love camping, fishing and just about everything outdoors. Super pumped to become part of the community and learn from everyone.

Hey y'all I'm caleb! Ive been a fan of this group a long time and finally got the money for my first truck after my subaru died on me. Not what I wanted to get but its a 4x4 f150 king ranch and I'm excited to get into overlanding. Eventually when funds allow it I'll move to Toyota. I love camping, fishing and just about everything outdoors. Super pumped to become part of the community and learn from everyone.
And I'm in northeast alabama if anyone wants to give suggestions for places!

Welcome!
Not to sway your thoughts, but I LOVED my F-150 over the Tacoma (one 2wd and one full long travel 4x4) and The 4x4 Tundra I had!

Welcome!

And I'm in northeast alabama if anyone wants to give suggestions for places!

Speaking of suggestions for places, please feel free to pay it forward HERE in our Alabama section!

0471F59C-D9E4-4776-B2F8-BFF06E8FCC3D.jpeg

Hi Caleb and welcome in.

That you have a 4x4 is more important than what kind.

You now have the world at your feet. Load up and go! Where does not matter.

And make sure you let us know where you went and what went on. We love a travel story here.

Welcome to the group! I'll also chime in with my Pro-Ford opinion. Having owned Rangers, Explorers, F150s, a F250, a 4Runner, a Tacoma and a Sequoia I'd take the Fords over the Toyota's any day. Don't get me wrong, the Toyotas are good vehicles, but that kool-aid they're marketing is strong...

You do you though, and like @goin camping said it's more important to get out there than worry about what's getting you out there. People explored before gas powered 4x4's and they'll continue to explore after we all move on to levitating solar powered whatevers...

Hey guys Robert here, I have been a member since 2016 or 2017 but never really posted. I used this to keep up with the guys from 36 hours of Uwharrie and sign up for American adventurist events. I had a JK that I built for the event. Dave and TangoBlue will tell you I broke just about everything during the two years of competition. But I guess that’s half the fun. We always drove home!! Since then I have had two kids so I need more space and decided to build a LR3 for more of an overland style vehicle. I also picked up a 1968 Land Rover series lla I am slowly restoring. I look forward to seeing you out on the trails, at the events and on the boards. Safe travels!

Last edited:
Hi Robert, Glad you finally came out and started posting.

There should be a build thread starting soon on your LR... I hope. I'd never again go near anything made in England but they are pretty and I'd enjoy seeing your truck.

Best to you.

Hey everyone I'm Sam from northwest Florida! Just got introduced to the group.

After college I rented a Hilux in Nicaragua and road tripped through central america for a couple months. That led to road trips all over the world but at the end of this past February I went on my first true overlanding trip. A trip through Southern Africa with everything I would need to live for the month on the back of, for the first time since I was 19 in Nicaragua, a Hilux.

Once I finally got home I was staring at an expiring company lease for a temporarily closed company and knew what I needed to do. Bought my '17 Colorado ZR2 Duramax in May and have been slowly building her out ever since.

After a shake down trip I'm almost done with the build. Bumpers go on in November and then I'll just be driving in circles waiting for the Go Fast Camper to be done. Sometime next year I suppose...

Well that's my story thanks for reading! I'm glad to be apart of the group and look forward to learning a lot! Anyone know where to wheel in northwest Florida?

IMG_20200913_183431.jpg

Hey everyone I'm Sam from northwest Florida! Just got introduced to the group.

Anyone know where to wheel in northwest Florida?

Welcome!

You should check out Blackwater State Forest/river, Eglin AFB, Escribano point, lots of cool places to explore around FloriBama

7C00A337-C59C-420C-8156-C41F528B82B5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom