Corona Down Time

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
I’m working every other day from home. So I basically watch for emails and put out fires. I have a cheap hollow core door in my shop that drags on the floor. ( for 15 years). Upon investigation I found the lower hinge holes are stripped and the frame splitting. Rather than go buy a 19 dollar replacement, I performed micro surgery today. I drilled out and put 3/4 hard wood dowels.
What are you guys doing?

B8853997-8207-41A8-86B0-74160B211BD2.jpeg

Great sunny day, melting off the snow from Monday night, and warming up nice out here, so I got my organizing on. . .

I'll let the hashtags 'splain it:

org-01-800.jpg
org-02-800.jpg

org-03-800.jpg
org-04-800.jpg

More to come, I'm sure, as I empty the van and trailer and build in some new storage and re-organize everything.

Feels good, man, and is a perfect antidote to the #coronavirusblues.

0a-roaddude-sigbox-650.jpg

We decided that selling house at the beginning of a pandemic is not a good idea, so still cleaning shit out anyway. Garage needs a bit of work, so the next week or 2 will be sorting getting rid of what I don not need.

My wife works for a closing attorney and they received notification today from most of their traditional lenders (ie, banks) that they're freezing funding and not issuing new home loans. Real estate market is about to take a hit...

good to know. i was planning to put my house on the market 2 weeks ago but stopped because of the virus.
local realtors (pretty much the least reliable source of info) said the banks were doing everything online. but are also limiting showings.

Dropping the gas tank on the CJ5 on Saturday. It needs vent lines, sender/pickup, charcoal canister, and a fuel pump. I've been putting it off forever.

+1 on the kindling splitter. That's going on my list.

In between conference calls I cleaned up the garage today. Plants that had been pulled in for the winter were returned to outside, motorcycles and bicycles were rearranged and tools were organized. At the tail end of this project my daughter and I found our softball gloves and a ball. We went out to the backyard and played catch for 45 minutes.

For that 45 minutes everything else faded away, and all was right with the world.

In between conference calls I cleaned up the garage today. Plants that had been pulled in for the winter were returned to outside, motorcycles and bicycles were rearranged and tools were organized. At the tail end of this project my daughter and I found our softball gloves and a ball. We went out to the backyard and played catch for 45 minutes.

For that 45 minutes everything else faded away, and all was right with the world.
Feels good, doesn't it. My adult kid and I have been doing all sorts of stuff like that together, from cleaning out the van to rearranging and cleaning out the crap on the back porch to make a nicer sitting area while stuck home. We both come in with such an improved attitude after being outside a few hours.

Last edited:
Our grandsons have been with us all week (I'm in the car repair business, working every other day). I've walked around the lake in our park with the boys and our Boxer puppy more times than I care to count. If I trim/prune/work in my garden any more there will be nothing left, washed the outside of the trailer...decided that retirement may not work out for me, I'll go stir crazy!

I see nothing wrong with that tree cutting fiasco. Ture, wedges would have been the tool of real loggers but that hilift did the job well. Sthil saws are just fine.

Back
Top Bottom