The Random Thoughts Thread

The stock market is tanking right now. I don't own any stocks. Other than some cash in the credit union, the only thing I have that could be considered an investment is a few thousand dollars worth of junk silver dimes. I bought them when silver was around $15 an ounce. As little as a month ago, silver was $18 an ounce. Now I see its dropped to just above $12 an ounce. I'm a little puzzled. I always thought when people were selling their stocks in a panic, they'd be buying precious metals and driving the price up. Instead, it looks like they're dumping their silver too. Wonder what they're doing with their money? Investing in toilet paper?

An EF3 Tornado hit Nashville back on March 3. A security camera actually survived and recorded the whole thin, and now the Nashville PD has posted a two minute video online. Very interesting to watch. The tornado hits around the 25 second mark.

https://petapixel.com/2020/03/16/se...om-nashville-tornado-records-the-whole-thing/

I'm in Nashville right now clearing out one of our buildings that was hit by the tornado. Drone footage of the shopping center (building I'm clearing is at the 4:21 mark)

https://fox17.com/news/local/drone-video-hermitage-businesses-heavily-damaged-in-tornado?jwsource=cl

I am finding too much over-reaction and too much under-reaction. For my wife and I, we are just doing what is right for us. We are practicing the recommended cleaning and social distancing.

I with you on your statement, I see my wife come home every night plum wore out from work. 46yrs in materials management (asst. director) hospital, between all the meetings & chasing down supplies to keep their hospital stocked during this COVID-19 is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Our 10 day trip which would of started on March 16th tru 26th was cancelled do to weather conditions lots of rain. Were doing the same recommended cleaning & social distancing ourselves. With all this rain & our trip cancelled I decided to spend some time in my shop building another rifle in 338-06 A Square. I've just about had a belly full of all this Coronavirus too.

Last edited:
Plump? Don’t let her see this post until you edit that p to a b. Im sure her job is especially tough right now and the people in your neck of the woods will never know everyone who is working so hard for them.

New Horizons

Today, for the first time ever (drum roll please...), I made biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b1.jpg

Usually, Laura makes the biscuits while I make the sausage gravy. Today, I broadened my cooking repertoire. (<-- big, fancy word for a Sunday morning, huh?)

The completed ensemble looked like this - though not for long...

b2.jpg

Life is good!

We have been considering how to make this at camp... :chef

New Horizons

Today, for the first time ever (drum roll please...), I made biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 50914

Usually, Laura makes the biscuits while I make the sausage gravy. Today, I broadened my cooking repertoire. (<-- big, fancy word for a Sunday morning, huh?)

View attachment 50915

Life is good!

Dang dude, looks tasty!

Nothing like a little enforced home time to help creative juices flow. I'm planning a bunch of creative cooking exercises as well and have slowly been putting together a Roaddude Food Cookbook aimed at camping and backcountry adventures.

Dutch ovens can be used for baking biscuits. There is also the cool Omnia stovetop oven and accessories that work well in camp. My friends in Iowa at Bundutec USA have them.

Stay safe, stay clean, stay positive!

New Horizons

View attachment 50914

View attachment 50915

Life is good!

The biscuits look perfect, do you deliver?

Back
Top Bottom