QuickPitch En-Suite shower and privacy certain

O K..... I had a meeting with one of the owners of Quick Pitch today. They are working on finding means to ship the units more cost efficient to the USA...hence the high price tag. Keep your fingers crossed/eyes on the suppliers. I'll post here when I'm informed about any movement.

Ordered some brackets from Equipt...............the Quick Pitch does not come with any brackets due to the many different roof rack and mounting options. I will mount mine on my alucab. I will post pics when complete.

Ordered some brackets from Equipt...............the Quick Pitch does not come with any brackets due to the many different roof rack and mounting options. I will mount mine on my alucab. I will post pics when complete.

I definitely need to check this out when you’re set up.

Does the folding frame section at the top lock in the "square" or is it liable to be blown with a fair wind? I know the bottom of the curtain can be staked out, but how do you prevent the top for folding back towards the closed position?

Does the folding frame section at the top lock in the "square" or is it liable to be blown with a fair wind? I know the bottom of the curtain can be staked out, but how do you prevent the top for folding back towards the closed position?

No it does not lock in place, however it is very sturdy.

It looks like you could just clamp a cheapy steel spring clamp on one of the arms sticking out from the vehicle where it meets the hinged crossbar and it would keep the thing from folding in a wind. I'm just looking at the pictures (and scheming how I could make one) so it could be totally different in person.

I haven't had any problems with mine even with wind if I stake down the bottoms. However, my thought was to use 4 L brackets with velcro on it and velcro them to the 4 corners and that should keep the corners from folding in even with heavy wind.

Thanks Doug!!!!!!!! Now its a most have for us. LOL. Waiting on expo now.

Glad I could help. It survived all the wind and rain, although at one point I was s(h)itting in it wishing it had a roof as I could hear a drone buzzing around. I never saw it and hope it never saw me! It's not a cheap piece of kit but definitely worth it. There were some knockoffs in development but I can't speak to their quality, availability, or uniqueness.

Glad I could help. It survived all the wind and rain, although at one point I was s(h)itting in it wishing it had a roof as I could hear a drone buzzing around. I never saw it and hope it never saw me! It's not a cheap piece of kit but definitely worth it. There were some knockoffs in development but I can't speak to their quality, availability, or uniqueness.

I have a bunch in stock.

https://vexms.com/products/quick-pitch-quick-en-suite-bag-camp-shower-instant-privacy

https://vexms.com/products/quick-pitch-quick-en-suite-box-camp-shower-instant-privacy

--

But yeah, the quality of the competing product is not comparable. The Quick Pitch unit doesn't stick out as much (when stored away) and is a lot slimmer, and how the tent mounts to the supports is way better too so it doesn't sag. It's pricey for sure, but I think it's def worth it if you need a place to shower or change outside.

I like it, but the ingress/egress zipper seems to be oddly placed IMO. Not sure why they put it where it is but it makes no sense to me. Other than that it's great though a non-green/military color option would sure be nice - why is it that everything coming out of ZA has to be green?

Here’s @Doug in action :D

78A70FD3-E498-4DA1-963C-8D79C9766A13.jpeg

I like it, but the ingress/egress zipper seems to be oddly placed IMO. Not sure why they put it where it is but it makes no sense to me. Other than that it's great though a non-green/military color option would sure be nice - why is it that everything coming out of ZA has to be green?

It wouldn't be AS awkward if I didn't have it situated between the tire swing out and the tent ladder. Mine is also slightly too close to the vehicle without a secondary bracket to give it a little space. It's still the most convenient option, by far, that I've tried -- and I've tried several. I could put it on the other side of the vehicle but that's where I have my big 270* awning so a much more public space, typically. We looked and it would not be able to be undone from the frame and rotated 90* or 180*. I may have a shop add or move a zipper to one of the front corners.

I'm exchanging some emails with QuickPitch in South Africa. Any particular questions we have for the maker? :)

I'm exchanging some emails with QuickPitch in South Africa. Any particular questions we have for the maker? :)

Other than obvious about the zippers and reconfigurations, no.

Back
Top Bottom