The Random Dose of FUNNY Thread

C7BED73C-C33E-4F0F-A43E-9F794199BBB2.jpeg

Now that's pretty funny... I can appreciate the humor since tailgaters have always been irritating to me, those idiots are not only stoopid, they're downright dangerous. Reminds me of a classic moment in the Yuma chickenhouse (D.O.T. scale for big trucks). I was standing in line to show my paperwork for yet another load of lead solder waste on its way from San Diego to Western PA, and I noticed some photos pinned to a nearby board... the shots showed damage caused by a broken leaf spring as it tumbled off a rig and struck the vehicle trailing too closely behind, aye?

When I commented upon the photos to a D.O.T. bear at the counter, it turned out that he was the very same driver who narrowly avoided death. He told me the whole story: he rolled up on a truck 1/4-mile from the exit, got a little too close when a leaf spring broke and a nearly 2' section came tumbling back toward his vehicle. Metal crashed through his windshield and SPEARED the shotgun seat center mass, the leaf spring protruding fore & aft... had anybody been sitting in that seat, that person would've bled out PRONTO.

I told the guy, "DAMN, YOU'RE LUCKY, THAT SPRING COULD JUST AS EASILY HAVE SPEARED YOUR SEAT!!!"

And he acknowledged that fact, it was some sort of cosmic coin toss with that chunk of metal flying back toward his cruiser and smashing through the windshield. Just picture this damage: the broken spring was embedded in the shotgun seat, right at the level of one's chest had anybody been sitting there, and it was a burly leaf spring section too, thing had some weight to it. Dracula would've been TOAST while riding shotgun, no doubt about it. Meh, my paperwork was good since I had only been driving for several hours, so the D.O.T. bear & I parted on good terms.

ANOTHER GOOD REASON NOT TO TAILGATE, ESPECIALLY BEHIND BIG RIGS... CHANCE OF DEATH IS GREATLY INCREASED, AYE??? :jollyroger

Yesterday the Amazon driver did not deliver my expected package. Amazon allowed me to give updated delivery instructions.

I responded with: First actually attempt to deliver the package Then drive into my neighborhood. drive up my driveway and leave package at my front door.

If the driver had indicated that the light snow had slowed him/her, that would have been fine, and expected. Indicating that you could not access my front door, i had left the light on even, is just BS.

Come on guys! No need to take her to dinner on the 14th. anybody can do that! But, Nothing says I love you like a home made dinner!

85195202_877098929404681_1337264494543372288_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your misspent youth include the term "multi-carb"? Do you grin when an LS is swapped into something that the Good Lord didn't intend it to be in?
In my youth there was no LS, but a simple formula.

Rule #1: If it has a 4 or 6 cylinder drop a small block in it.

Rule #2: If it has a small block swap a big block into it.

Rule #3: If it has a big block build a stroker motor,

Rule #4: Still not enough...Blowers are expensive get you some nitrous. Bad things happen with nitrous.

Rule #5: Skip straight to Rule #3 and save yourself some work. It will fit, that’s what torches, sledgehammers and cut off wheels are for.

Back
Top Bottom