The Random Thoughts Thread

I was having a discussion in the break room regarding which gender was better at getting things done. A woman colleague spoke up and said that women were better at multitasking. I told her to sit down and be quiet. She could do neither

:peek

I've recently stumbled across some amazing music videos on YouTube.

Somebody Isolated Grace Slick's vocal track from White Rabbit and put it up by itself. Just Amazing. Modern "singers" like Taylor Swift WISH they could sing like this!

(Do you believe Grace turned 80 last year? God, now I really feel old!)

You've probably never heard of Julia Westlin. She sings old classic rock songs ACCAPELLA - with herself.

Check out her take on Sounds of Silence.

For the car geeks here - you know who you are. Turning a high performance Nissan sports car into the ultimate high performance camera rig.

nissan.jpg

https://petapixel.com/2020/02/10/ni...nto-the-ultimate-high-performance-camera-rig/

The Natural History Museum just announced the winner of their Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition. Surprisingly, it wasn't something like this:

©-Michel-Zoghzoghi-Wildlife-Photographer-of-the-Year-Highly-Commended-800x533.jpg

by Michael Zoghzogi, which was highly commended, but this shot of two mice fighting in a London Underground:

©-Sam-Rowley-Wildlife-Photographer-of-the-Year-Winner-800x533.jpg

Lest you think it was merely a lucky shot, nature photographer Sam Rowley visited numerous stations for several nights running looking for the perfect moment. The mice were scuffling over some crumbs, and the whole fight lasted only for a few seconds before the loser scurried away.

The Natural History Museum just announced the winner of their Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition. Surprisingly, it wasn't something like this:

View attachment 49954

by Michael Zoghzogi, which was highly commended, but this shot of two mice fighting in a London Underground:

View attachment 49955

Lest you think it was merely a lucky shot, nature photographer Sam Rowley visited numerous stations for several nights running looking for the perfect moment. The mice were scuffling over some crumbs, and the whole fight lasted only for a few seconds before the loser scurried away.

I suspect that this photographer will now meet an untimely end under suspicious circumstances. The first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

First time on my bike for this long: 5 hour 260-mile dreary slabbing ride to get to the RV point, and now for my First taste of dirt with two days of BDR trails to get to DRV.

All this after 12-13 hour days for a few months creating and packing up a full sized exhibit model to ship out to the Middle East. Talk about mentally straining, but totally worth it to get out in the desert for a few days.

Many lessons already learned with packing/weight/necessity and dirt riding. More to be had in the coming days!

I drove one for fun. On a highway ramp I punched it to see what it would do. After it shifted 27 times, I still was going too slow.

Yep, lots of that.

Driving it today there's lots of it searching for a gear with noticeable lag in it's decision making. As a matter of fact "lag" seems to plague every system ; the brakes will stop the vehicle...eventually, the radio even had lag. I'd turn the volume knob only to be greeted by a two second delay before anything happened.

The brakes seemed to drag the vehicle in one direction or another. Applying them it would pull right or left, randomly and never consistently. Somehow the suspension both felt too soft yet still harsh. Hard to explain but it wasn't remotely comfortable even for a Jeep.

It shares the ergonomics of the JL which I'm not a fan of. Just can't seem to make it comfortable for me, others may have better luck. This had the cloth interior and the seats were rock hard and seemed to provide support everywhere I didn't want it.

In the end allot of my complaints are related to how I felt in the vehicle and someone else might love everything I disliked. I can stop looking at them every time I drive past the dealership now though...

Back to waiting for the Bronco. :D

Oh, @Scott B. I bought a Honda CRV over the weekend...you can add that to my tally. :p

I drove one for fun. On a highway ramp I punched it to see what it would do. After it shifted 27 times, I still was going too slow.

But...but....it’s got a proper modern 8 speed transmission. Not like that archaic junk in some brands. Oh, wait it’s a Chrysler (or is it Fiat)...Neither known for dependable transmission since the post muscle car years. A toast to the Torqueflite 727s and 904s when a Mopar was actually a Mopar, long may they shred.

Back
Top Bottom