Picked up a Zarges case

hidesertwheelin

Adventurist
On Facebook market place for $25. It’s got a few dents that need to be banged out, and has some foam leftovers or something glued to the inside of it. Any non-toxic cleaners to get the interior clean? I’ll use whatever if I need to. I plan to use it to store dry goods in my trailer.
73A60FBF-F2D7-4E07-9799-1115EB297956.jpeg
7291A044-CA93-4DEC-9346-DB3B86D8B209.jpeg

Depending on how tough that foam is a plastic putty knife could knock some off without scratching up the inside. If you're not worried about scratches then a metal putty knife may work even better.

As far as cleaning products if you're not planning on storing food in it and have time to let it air out this stuff from home depot will remove any adhesive (and paint from many things):

1581546170695.png

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pure-Citrus-4-oz-Orange-Air-Freshener-NA222/202528023

Yes it's an air freshener but we use it at work to take off industrial strength double sided foam tape, 3M tapes that are touted as "non-removable" along with paint and thin powder coating from metal parts. It's listed as "non-toxic" but I'm sure that's when it's used for it's intended purpose. We generally spray it on whatever we're removing, let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute and then wipe or scrape the adhesive off. It does leave a bit of a greasy residue but that cleans up with a little soap and water.

Depending on how tough that foam is a plastic putty knife could knock some off without scratching up the inside. If you're not worried about scratches then a metal putty knife may work even better.

As far as cleaning products if you're not planning on storing food in it and have time to let it air out this stuff from home depot will remove any adhesive (and paint from many things):

View attachment 49981

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Pure-Citrus-4-oz-Orange-Air-Freshener-NA222/202528023

Yes it's an air freshener but we use it at work to take off industrial strength double sided foam tape, 3M tapes that are touted as "non-removable" along with paint and thin powder coating from metal parts. It's listed as "non-toxic" but I'm sure that's when it's used for it's intended purpose. We generally spray it on whatever we're removing, let it sit for 30 seconds to a minute and then wipe or scrape the adhesive off. It does leave a bit of a greasy residue but that cleans up with a little soap and water.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I plan to keep dry goods in it like bread, chips, etc. Basically any food that doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Dang, that's a deep one. I have three Zarges K470 cases and one other Zarges case and absolutely love' em. Most rugged and dependable cases I've ever used or owned. Easy to overload the larger ones, though.

Good luck with yours. $25 is one hell of a steal.

We use them at work, SWA ships us aircraft parts in them. About once a month our warehouse puts them on a pallet and ships them back. Sure would love to get one of those pallet loads!

Back
Top Bottom