The Star Wars Thread

33AA3447-032B-436D-BF25-9A85DF32054C.jpeg

So... the Mandalorian.

Watched the first episode. Gotta say, it was entertaining and exceeded my expectations.

Now I’m hooked :lol

Same. I was skeptical given how much the last few movies have sucked (excluding Rouge 1).

I've managed to avoid subscribing to any of these online services so far. I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD and binge watch it.
I'm with you on this one...and the whole gaggle of streaming services these days. Jeez! I do, however, have my movie ticket for December 20th!

I've managed to avoid subscribing to any of these online services so far. I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD and binge watch it.

What is this "DVD" thing you speak of? Is that like VHS?

:stir

We went to a Roku, no cable bill. Now, with streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney + we are saving money. And we get just about anything "on demand" which fits our busy schedules. And there's a TON of free content that I never knew existed.

We don't watch much TV, but when we do it needs to be efficient and economical and the streaming services have changed the way we look at things - literally ;)

Hey, just because the aliens have introduced a new storage medium, it doesn't mean I have to rush out and buy the White Album again!

Last edited:
StarWars.jpg

Fifty menacing First Order Stormtroopers await guests as they arrive in the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer as part of "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance," the new attraction opening Thursday at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. (Matt Stroshane/Matt Stroshane, photographer)

Fans of "Star Wars” will soon be one step closer to a galaxy far, far away.

"Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance” will launch at Disney World’s Hollywood Studios Thursday as what the theme park giant is calling "one of the most immersive, ambitious and technologically advanced attractions ever created for a Disney park.”

It’ll become the second major attraction in the Orlando theme park’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge area, following “Star Wars: Millennium Falcon - Smugglers Run,” which opened there in August.

Hollywood Studios ticket-holders who board “Rise of the Resistance” will become Resistance fighters who face off against the military dictatorship called the First Order.

“Guests launch into space aboard a transport shuttle, only to be captured by a Star Destroyer and pursued by Supreme Leader Kylo Ren as they frantically search for a way to escape the clutches of the First Order,” Disney states in a release.
The new thrill is “one of the longest Disney attraction experiences ever,” according to the brand, which promises “guests the feeling of stepping inside a 'Star Wars’ film.”

To give fans that sense, actors from the current film trilogy — including Daisy Ridley (Rey) and Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) — reprise their roles for new scenes and dialogue featured along the attraction. Some scenes for the ride were even filmed at the same time “Star Wars" flicks like "The Last Jedi” and “The Rise of Skywalker,” which hits theaters Dec. 20, were in production.

Guests start out by finding the Resistance’s temporary camp in the forests of the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost on the fictional planet of Batuu. A path leads them through and around stone walls, pillars and tight corridors — meant to mimic the remains of an ancient civilization — as they head further into the base.

Rey then appears as a hologram transmission, along with adorable droid BB-8, in a briefing room to address the new Resistance recruits, aka, guests. She explains that the goal is to later join General Leia Organa at a location outside the planet that’s hidden from the First Order. Riders then board an Intersystem Transport Ship (I-TS) and have to make a quick escape to avoid a First Order Star Destroyer heading to Batuu.

The attraction features a new character, Lieutenant Bek, a Mon Calamari Resistance officer who helps the Resistance recruits along the trip.

Aboard the I-TS, riders will “feel as if they’re lifting off the surface of Batuu and blasting into space,” according to Disney.
As you can imagine, there’s plenty of interference from the Star Destroyer along the way. Expect appearances from stormtroopers, a TIE fighter, and of course, Kylo Ren.

Several ride systems are featured in the attraction, including a simulator that gives the sensation of falling from space to crash land on Batuu, a trackless ride designed to move in all directions, “Audio-Animatronics” figures and thousands of special effects, from slashing lightsabers to exploding walls.

We’re 41 pages into a Star Wars thread and I don’t think I ever shared this...

Right after the original film came out my Mom, a prolific crocheter, made this afghan for me...

86C6EB08-5712-47C4-B9DE-ECBE8FA6FF8D.jpeg

40 years or so later it’s still nice to grab on a chilly night. My daughter claimed it for her own in her younger days and despite being well loved it’s still in great condition. She left it here for me when she moved on to her own place, cause it’s mine anyways. ;)

Back
Top Bottom