Long Term Review: Blue Ridge Overland Gear

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
That old saying of “a place for everything and everything in its place” really is the guiding principle when loading up your vehicle for a trip. Quick access to neatly organized gear can make a real difference when it comes things like a medical kit, and an organized tool kit is a pleasure to work with in your driveway or on the trail, especially if you’ve had to deal with your buddy’s collection of odds and ends for tools. With good gear organization and storage, you can find what you need quickly and easily, and you can safely transport things like tools and chainsaws which can damage anything they come into contact with if they’re loose in your vehicle. Blue Ridge Overland Gear (BROG) has built a reputation for making innovative, bombproof gear in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia, and I’ve been putting their Tool Bag, Large First Aid Kit, and Chainsaw Bra to the test for the last few months...

Continue reading...

DSC06348-800x534.jpg

That's a nice article, Chad. I am going to have to get one of those tool bags one of these days. Right now, my tools are in a couple of plastic ammo boxes in various plastic pouches. So not easily accessible or sortable.

I have the BROG Trip Planning Bag, and really like the quality and utility. It will hold eight Delorme Gazetteers (normal thickness, not the California or Texas beasts) but they is quite tight. Six work okay, four work better. With room for a notebook, pencil, and scale for taking notes. Plus, space on the front for some of my friends!

21013937_1107427272720510_1856562037468123740_o.jpg

21016142_1107427276053843_7049833730708042319_o.jpg

Their Tactical Beard Tamer/Toiletry Bag came with me to Australia.
  • flattened half a roll of TP
  • beard trimmer with combs and attachments.
  • nylon microfiber pack towel
  • Small 50 count pack of Q-tips
  • 4 disposable razors
  • travel can of shaving cream
  • travel bottle of soap
  • travel tube of toothpaste
  • travel tube of insect repellent lotion
  • Afterbite
  • Neosporin
  • Nail clippers
  • 2 tooth brushes
  • A good amount of various types of
    • wet wipes
    • bandaids
    • lens cleaners
    • visor wipes

That's a nice article, Chad. I am going to have to get one of those tool bags one of these days. Right now, my tools are in a couple of plastic ammo boxes in various plastic pouches. So not easily accessible or sortable.

I have the BROG Trip Planning Bag, and really like the quality and utility. It will hold eight Delorme Gazetteers (normal thickness, not the California or Texas beasts) but they is quite tight. Six work okay, four work better. With room for a notebook, pencil, and scale for taking notes. Plus, space on the front for some of my friends!

View attachment 45239

View attachment 45240
Great product. No pics of mine, but it is home to my ARV patches.

Their Recovery Strap Bag carried the recovery gear for the Ural until I sold it. Now it hangs in the back of the Tacoma and stores the fill hose for the waterport.
MVIMG_20190516_100317.jpg

Their Got-to-Go Everyday Carry Kit Bag actually goes with me everywhere. It really is an every day carry. It's in the process of being re-designed to add new features. Tentative release date for the new Got-to-Go EDC is in the summer.
MVIMG_20190516_101730.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom