Roofnest: never heard of this brand Magiolina style RTT.

https://roofnest.com/

I'd say it's somewhere between a Maggiolina and a James Baroud in styling. I don't know much about them but I can guess the country of origin.

Larkin06-1030x772.jpg

Colorado_whitejeepbeauty2-1030x773.jpg

I've seen them before once or twice. I also thought Subaru did a concept car with one but it was Honda with a Ridgeline.

sema-2018-honda-ridgeline-adventure-lifestyle-project-003.jpg

Well I was going to do a write up on our Roofnest Eagle but I’ll just add to this thread...

We bought the Roofnest Eagle last month. Customer support was very good and the tent arrived faster than I expected. It was well packaged.

Please pardon the mess in my garage...

3F992B26-6427-4E63-85C7-564145BB4FDD.jpeg

I didn’t have an opportunity to take any interior pictures but the ceiling is lined with a quilted material and there is a 2cm. anti condensation mat under the ~3” foam mattress. The interior height is about 36” (the website lists the various dimensions). There is plenty of room inside to leave all your bedding including pillows when the top is closed as well. The lifting struts are covered which was a nice touch.

I was able to convince my wife to try it out while still in our garage and the consensus is that the mattress is very comfortable and provides good insulation.

We bought the largest model they make which is just shy of a queen size bed which works for us and more importantly for our 31 YO son and his 5’-11” tall wife who will be exploring SW Colorado with us this summer.

With the help of my other son we mounted this 140 pound tent on our expedition trailer yesterday and we think this is a great option for those people who want a reasonably priced solid RTT. Having the ability to set up your sleeping quarters in under a minute is hard to complain about. Also, the unit is relatively shallow coming in at less that 12” tall and combined with the relatively aerodynamic shape should minimize any hit on your mileage. The only disadvantage compared to conventional RTT’s is that there is not “shelter” under the tent and no ability to create an annex there....

The weather was misting and raining yesterday which didn’t help the quality of my iPhone pictures..

https://roofnest.com/
86F49E9D-39DC-40A1-9036-6B112BF8ABAA.jpeg
EB051ED5-B8B5-4C50-9631-4C2C0AED015E.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s great feedback @smlobx, thanks for sharing. What’s the price on a unit like that with shipping?

That’s great feedback @smlobx, thanks for sharing. What’s the price on a unit like that with shipping?

The tent lists for $2795 but I was able to snag it for $500 less.
Shipping is a flat $249 anywhere in the CONUS.

One thing to note is that they are constantly improving their product and reached out to me to ask what I’d like to see improved. My only suggestion was to upgrade the cam straps that secure the two pieces together and now you get metal buckles which is very nice.

The tent lists for $2795 but I was able to snag it for $500 less.
Shipping is a flat $249 anywhere in the CONUS.

One thing to note is that they are constantly improving their product and reached out to me to ask what I’d like to see improved. My only suggestion was to upgrade the cam straps that secure the two pieces together and now you get metal buckles which is very nice.

Nice, thanks for sharing those details.

Nice review and report! Definitely another competitor for the FG clamshell market. The fact they reached out to you for product improvement is good, but the majority changes hopefully will be reflected in the Gen-II models. Otherwise, a decent looking tent!

Back
Top Bottom