2020 Jeep Gladiator

Thinking about the 22 gal. gas tank on the Gladiator helps me walk away. I really don't wan't to be filling up every 200 miles.

My JL has a 21.5 gallon tank. At 14 MPG (with my foot in it) I have a range of 300 miles.

Oh if I hadn't just gotten the Tacoma I'd be all over it. If jeep did something like an Overland version with a larger gas tank for extended range, even w/o the Rubicon front lockers, I think I'd be starting over.

It’s only a matter of time before the aftermarket releases auxiliary fuel options for both JL and JT.

I’m looking forward to the AEV rear bumper and the 6 extra gallons I’ll gain with their fuel caddy. That with a simple super siphon pushes my range to around 400 :D

I'm doing the same in the Tacoma. 21.1 gal tank and 15.6 mpg. I still have the 2 MFCs that I carried on the FJ that I can throw in the back. Cruiser Brothers were working on a LRA replacement tank for the 3rd gen Tacoma. Don't know the status now and if they completed the project or abandoned it.

That's why I mentioned the OEM gas tank size previously. Between the JT and the Tacoma nothing tips the scales in the tug-of-war between want and have.

Yet.

The 16 Tacoma I had was always begging for stops at a gas station, especially while towing. My sequoia holds 26.4 gallons and is averaging 17.1 mpg with a mix of city/highway driving. That's a 450+ mile range, and if I fold the rear seats down I can fit a Gladiator or a Tacoma back there. :D

There are a few companies making 46 gallon tanks for the Tundra. I don't think any of them will work with the Sequioa frame, but a guy can dream. 780+ miles out of a tank would be amazing.

The Gladiator is growing on me, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to a midsize.

The 16 Tacoma I had was always begging for stops at a gas station, especially while towing. My sequoia holds 26.4 gallons and is averaging 17.1 mpg with a mix of city/highway driving. That's a 450+ mile range, and if I fold the rear seats down I can fit a Gladiator or a Tacoma back there. :D

There are a few companies making 46 gallon tanks for the Tundra. I don't think any of them will work with the Sequioa frame, but a guy can dream. 780+ miles out of a tank would be amazing.

The Gladiator is growing on me, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to a midsize.

That's why I'm eyeballing the Tundra with it's 38 gal tank.

That's why I'm eyeballing the Tundra with it's 38 gal tank.

I tried hard to love the T100 when it came out. Couldn't.

Then Tundra came out. A couple gens later, I'm hoping they get the next generation Tundra right. Because it's a no from me dawg.

IMG_20190408_095711.jpg

Agree 1000%

Look at the way they integrated an extra fuel tank on the rear quarter..

I just bought a pop up tent and am looking for a rack. So far the Wilco ADV Sl and Leitner Designs are in the lead...

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept is a true overlanding vehicle that takes advantage of the all-new Gladiator's class-leading payload to allow adventure-seekers to go far off the beaten path. The Jeep Wayout is a functional concept that showcases a full roof-top tent and custom, large sprawling canopy.

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models. A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting helps travelers set up camp when the day is done.

For added convenience, two custom-fit auxiliary fuel tanks are integrated into the bedsides. Also, an ARB on-board air system with a body-mounted quick-disconnect air supply line allows adventurers to travel further off the grid.

For additional capability, a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires, providing a distinct retro feeling harking back to the original Willys pickups that paved the way for modern Jeep trucks. Furthermore, a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

Jeep Wayout has a custom integrated roof-rack system for packing gear up top, and the truck bed houses a Mopar/Decked bed-drawer system for added lockable dry storage on long treks. Inside, bed-lined floors, plus trimmed brown leather seats with laser-etched inserts of topographical maps, have been added.

The Jeep Wayout is powered by the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-3.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-5.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-1.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-8.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-5.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-gladiator-9.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-12.jpg

jeep-wayout-concept-1-13.jpg

Jeep J6

The Jeep J6 concept is all truck, all the time, mixing the classic Jeep truck styling of the late 1970s with prototype and production Jeep Performance Parts from Mopar.

The Jeep J6 is a Rubicon customized in a two-door configuration, maximizing cargo space with a large, six-foot functional bed "box" area that is 12 inches longer than the standard Jeep Gladiator bed. Mopar and the Jeep Design team reached back in time for the custom Metallic Brilliant Blue paint, a homage to the exterior look of the 1978 Jeep Honcho. The overall length of the J6 is 201 inches, while the wheelbase clocks in at 118.4 inches, matching the wheelbase of the current-generation Jeep Wrangler.

The upsized bed area is guarded by a prototype body-color matching spray-in bedliner. A sturdy, two-and-a-quarter-inch steel prototype sport/roll bar planted in the bed carries a set of four, five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights that shine at 4,800 lumens each. A prototype spare tire carrier stores up to a 37-inch tire.

Prototype 17-inch beadlock wheels with a "deep dish" design are set off from the Metallic Brilliant Blue exterior with a Brass Monkey finish, encircled by a silver beadlock ring. A production Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit works with aggressive 37-inch tires to add extra trail clearance.

Additional modifications defend the Jeep J6 against off-road obstacles, including a prototype two-inch steel stinger bar that bolts to the Rubicon front bumper and rock rails customized with two-inch steel tubes welded to the standard Jeep Gladiator rails. The concept hardtop is removable, and classic Jeep J6 badging is swapped in on the tailgate and side fenders.

The stinger bar acts as a mounting point for four additional five-inch Jeep Performance Parts LED lights, with another two bolted on near the A-pillars, for a total of 10 five-inch LEDs working together to illuminate the trail. The grille is custom Mopar Satin Black, and the stock Jeep Gladiator Rubicon hood is accented with Mopar hood latches featuring the Jeep logo.

The 3.6-liter engine receives a performance bump through the Jeep Performance Parts cold-air intake.

Exterior DNA flows into the interior of the Jeep J6. The instrument panel inserts match the body color and Katzkin leather seats and armrests are also accented with body-color blue stitching. The horn pad is customized with a classic Jeep badge. The auxiliary switch bank offers a central operating location for the 10 LED lights, and the trailer brake control switch showcases the ability to tap into additional stopping power when towing. A bright pedal kit, all-weather floor mats and molded doorsill guards with the Jeep logo round out the lineup of Mopar accessories.

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-1.jpg

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-3.jpg

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-5.jpg

Jeep-J6-Concept-Gladiator-8.jpg

Last edited:
I tried hard to love the T100 when it came out. Couldn't.

Then Tundra came out. A couple gens later, I'm hoping they get the next generation Tundra right. Because it's a no from me dawg.

2022-23 from what I've heard. Most likely electric-assist engine.

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept is a true overlanding vehicle that takes advantage of the all-new Gladiator's class-leading payload to allow adventure-seekers to go far off the beaten path. The Jeep Wayout is a functional concept that showcases a full roof-top tent and custom, large sprawling canopy.

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color that will be available on production Gladiator models. A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting helps travelers set up camp when the day is done.

For added convenience, two custom-fit auxiliary fuel tanks are integrated into the bedsides. Also, an ARB on-board air system with a body-mounted quick-disconnect air supply line allows adventurers to travel further off the grid.

For additional capability, a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires, providing a distinct retro feeling harking back to the original Willys pickups that paved the way for modern Jeep trucks. Furthermore, a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

Jeep Wayout has a custom integrated roof-rack system for packing gear up top, and the truck bed houses a Mopar/Decked bed-drawer system for added lockable dry storage on long treks. Inside, bed-lined floors, plus trimmed brown leather seats with laser-etched inserts of topographical maps, have been added.

The Jeep Wayout is powered by the award-winning 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine and mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

View attachment 44648

View attachment 44649

View attachment 44651

View attachment 44652

View attachment 44653

View attachment 44654

View attachment 44655

View attachment 44650

This is exactly what I want and this is the catch 22. Once you've done that you're probably getting 12 MPG at best on a 22 gal gas tank. Sure. You can carry extra gas but that process is a PITA on long trips and it's the reason why I no longer have the FJ.

Jeep Wayout

The Jeep Wayout concept...

Wayout's body-armored exterior features a new Gator Green color ...

A custom bed rack with an integrated ladder carries the roof-top tent that sleeps two comfortably, while the 270-degree awning with amber LED task lighting ...

a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit increases ground clearance on top of 17-inch steel wheels that are hugged by 37-inch mud-terrain tires,... a 12,000-lb. Warn winch and Jeep Performance Parts snorkel help overcome multiple obstacles – both wet and dry.

View attachment 44648

View attachment 44650

Giggity.... flippin all my switches...

That photo of the guy sitting in the studio under the awning looks exactly like my setup, except my AluCab and Maggiolina are attached to my 200. Even his shirt fits like mine do when I sit!

:lol

That photo of the guy sitting in the studio under the awning looks exactly like my setup, except my AluCab and Maggiolina are attached to my 200. Even his shirt fits like mine do when I sit!

Hopefully you don't make your fire ring on your outdoor carpet and underneath the awning.

Anybody else bothered by the fact they see our market as wanting integrated jerry cans rather than a larger gas tank?

I don't know if that's how they see it, but I do know that they are seeing the value our market in a big way, and of bling and partnerships (look at all the visible branding in these FCA photos that are NOT Jeep or MOPAR parts).

I think the fuel can thing also panders to the quad and motorcycle crowd.

Back
Top Bottom