I hear you Chris. Pretty easy for a finger just to fall down on the right button on the mouse when you see a BUY IT NOW! I have to get daily injections to prevent me from buying radio equipment on Ebay when I see those 3 words.

I'm pretty excited about this...

57195887903__57EEB987-0507-4BBC-8F91-0F283695C4DE.JPG

Pulled it out of the bag, zipped in the floor (shiny side up) and good to go.

Can it really be this easy?

EDIT: BTW, the RTT sold in under 2 hours. :D

I'm pretty excited about this...

View attachment 43711

Pulled it out of the bag, zipped in the floor (shiny side up) and good to go.

Can it really be this easy?

EDIT: BTW, the RTT sold in under 2 hours. :D
They have certainly made some nice upgrades in the last year or two. I'm sure you are going to love it. One of the biggest things I notice when I'm alone in there I feel like I just moved into a new house and still have to buy the furniture because there is so much room.

I plan to carry mine on my roof rack. Do you guys think the bag is sufficiently made to protect from trail debris, etc?

I plan to carry mine on my roof rack. Do you guys think the bag is sufficiently made to protect from trail debris, etc?

The bag itself is not waterproof and I don't think the material is sufficient weight to withstand having branches dragged across it under low trees. Perhaps hit the bag with some waterproofing and roll it up in the mesh tarp I suggested for ground cover?

But it's also 85lbs when packed. That's a lot of weight to get up on a rack in an awkwardly long bag and a lot of weight up on the roof for off road driving. If it's not placed on the vehicles's centerline and if the suspension rolls to that side for any reason you day could get ruined. Heck. Even on the vehicle's centerline things may still go south.

Packed it's about 76" long and I can fit mine in the 73" bed of the Tacoma if I angle it.

The bag itself is not waterproof and I don't think the material is sufficient weight to withstand having branches dragged across it under low trees. Perhaps hit the bag with some waterproofing and roll it up in the mesh tarp I suggested for ground cover?

But it's also 85lbs when packed. That's a lot of weight to get up on a rack in an awkwardly long bag and a lot of weight up on the roof for off road driving. If it's not placed on the vehicles's centerline and if the suspension rolls to that side for any reason you day could get ruined. Heck. Even on the vehicle's centerline things may still go south.

Packed it's about 76" long and I can fit mine in the 73" bed of the Tacoma if I angle it.
Thank you sir, all good points! I was considering a RTT at 160 lbs so this will be considerably lighter.

Stowed size is 76" x 13" x 13". Of course it never packs as tight as when it comes in it's original package.

Interesting thought! Checking now on how much 12" PVC weighs per foot.

Alternatively, if your bed is deep enough, you could just cut up several pieces of wood, notch'em, and can be like old school stocks but for your shitpod.

Stowed size is 76" x 13" x 13". Of course it never packs as tight as when it comes in it's original package.

Exactly, I think those dimensions are the box it comes in. Furthermore, if you forgo the floor and use a tarp, or go w/ and go w/ a cabelas ice shelter (like i did), then you you save even more space.

I think my packed dimensions were 5'9" and 7" dia for the cabelas setup.

Back
Top Bottom