Not open for further replies.
F0B43E49-8F1E-40CE-A733-85B58514D2DE.jpeg

Overlander’s are loaded up for the weekend

SR 79
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM THE JCT OF I 8 TO THE EAST JCT OF SR 78
(SAN DIEGO CO)

Looks like I'll be hitting the dirt at Plaster City and coming in the back way.

SR 79
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM THE JCT OF I 8 TO THE EAST JCT OF SR 78
(SAN DIEGO CO)

Looks like I'll be hitting the dirt at Plaster City and coming in the back way.
Do You just follow the tracks all the way up?

From Plaster City to camp you’ll just fallow the tracks. There is gas at Ocotillo (i-8 Ocotillo) and or Seeley.

Due to work circumstances beyond my control I will not be able to make it. (Grrrr...) Spot 84 is available to next in line. I'm so disapointed. Sorry for the last minute notice.

Due to work circumstances beyond my control I will not be able to make it. (Grrrr...) Spot 84 is available to next in line. I'm so disapointed. Sorry for the last minute notice.

Same here. All this rain is making me have to work when it's not raining just to attempt to catch up...... and not work today because of the rain.....

For those headed from San Diego or North headed south to get there....As of right now (2.21.19/1000 hrs) The 79 through Julian into the 78 down Banner grade is open without any chain requirements. It's snowing off and on right now through Julian. Obviously things can quickly change. If you want to go the long way through Ranchita into Borrego there are no restrictions. About the worst you will have to deal with is the "fun loving tourists" who will be sure to be driving that way to see the snow and are sure to get in crashes all along the way.

For those headed from San Diego or North headed south to get there....As of right now (2.21.19/1000 hrs) The 79 through Julian into the 78 down Banner grade is open without any chain requirements. It's snowing off and on right now through Julian. Obviously things can quickly change. If you want to go the long way through Ranchita into Borrego there are no restrictions. About the worst you will have to deal with is the "fun loving tourists" who will be sure to be driving that way to see the snow and are sure to get in crashes all along the way.
From corona/orange county the difference going through julian vs the long way is only 30 minutes. Definitely not worth it to me go head over the mountain for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom