The Star Wars Thread

The Star Wars thread fell off the first page of The Bonfire so I’ll bring it back with a photo of the tattoo(s) I just had done, my first. I have had the concept of an interactive battle scene across both calves. My thought was when It took me a couple of years to find the right artist, Kevin Lewis of High Voltage Tattoo in West Hollywood. He does amazing work, check his stuff out on Instagram, @artofkevinlewis. This one is about 70% done as I still have to go back and have the space (clouds) put in but that’ll probably have to wait until after DRV. I couldn’t be happier with the work.

View attachment 43230
Nice art work on your calves - I see you recently went... "Tatoo-ine"?

giphy.gif

I'm going to manfully resist making any snarky comments on the French, who have now recognized Light Saber dueling as an official sport. No, really.

http://time.com/5531786/lightsaber-dueling-sport-france/
"But to hear the thwack of blades and see them cut shapes through the air is to want to give the sport a try." :lightsaber

Wise avoiding the snark, it is, old Padawan... :jedi

You have to admit there is a strong percentage among AAV forum members who would succumb to the suggestion of the articles quoted sentence. :lol

You have to admit there is a strong percentage among AAV forum members who would succumb to the suggestion of the articles quoted sentence. :lol

I confess I was surprised at how many Star Wars fans there were here on an Overlanding Car Camping site.

I myself am a hard core SciFi reader - Heinlein, Asimov, Piper, Pournelle through the modern masters; Weber, Stirling, Bujold, Lackey, and many other names people who aren't into the genre wouldn't recognize.

I was blown away by the original Star Wars, enjoyed the next two movies, and the ones since then have been Meh.

I'm far more of a fan of the two Stargate series. And Deep Space 9 and Enterprise. The original Star Trek is actually painful to watch these days, it's so dated . . .

None of which has anything to do with making fun of the French, who clearly deserve it!

I had the “space” added to my calf tattoos today. They’re almost done. The Millennium Falcon area had a mild negative reaction and needs to heal a bit more before the final highlights can be added. Overall, I couldn’t be happier.

FB42F088-3D6C-4EEC-8862-D68E054E4ED7.jpeg

40877EBE-CF25-4483-8ACC-F1357BE2E6DB.jpeg

837021D4-D61E-4C79-9D36-7AA40FF2CE23.jpeg

I'm far more of a fan of the two Stargate series. And Deep Space 9 and Enterprise.

IMHO the Stargate movie and the Stargate SG-1 series is the best sci-fi franshise out there. Period. The concept of weaving ancient human history and mythology into a galaxy wide adventure is magnificent. It far outclasses both Star Trek and Star Wars and the acting is superb (unlike Star Wars where they continually hire the worst actors out there!) Oh! And Colonel Jack O'Niell (with two L's) is a way better and more relatable hero than Han Solo could ever be. The writing, set design, special effects and attention to detail in the Stargate world is also superb. My only complaint is that in the series, they never ventured out of the forests and quarries of the Vancouver area where it was filmed.

I just finished binge watching the entire nine seasons of Stargate SG-1 (it's on Amazon Prime) It took over a month - there are about 20 episodes per season.

All that being said, my favorite sci-fi quote of all time is: "Inform Starfleet - We have engaged the Borg."

Cam

Back
Top Bottom