Is the ARB Twin compressor overkill for me? (Ram 3500 w/ camper)

Piscator

Adventurist
Hi all - I've had a compressor on my short list of things for the rig for a while, and figure I might as well pull the trigger now. I had planned on getting the single ARB, but now I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and just get the twin? I'm going portable so I can use in multiple vehicles, but primary use will be that Ram 3500 w/ camper and getting the tires back up to ~80 PSI after being on the beach at Oceano dunes or when I'm done with White Rim trail. Any thoughts for a full size rig like mine? Will I regret the single? The price difference is breathtaking, but like the saying goes, I'd rather just cry once.

Thx

Don’t get the single. I had a Ram 2500 with the dual ARB and it was perfect. The single will not do well in your application.

I have the single. I air up 35s all the time, happily to 40 PSI. I do not recommend it for reaching the PSI you’re trying to get too. Go with the double for what you’re doing.

In fact I just ordered myself a double because of my next project about to be undertaken.

I carry a camper on a flatbed on a Ram 3500. I can’t speak directly to the ARB but I have an Extreme Outback compressor and am glad I do as cold psi on rear is recommended at 80..

I've got a Ram 2500 with a camper on it. I had a single ARB from a previous vehicle and it didn't get the job done going up to the higher PSI with the weight of the truck and camper. I purchased the twin and am impressed with the performance.

I've got a Ram 2500 with a camper on it. I had a single ARB from a previous vehicle and it didn't get the job done going up to the higher PSI with the weight of the truck and camper. I purchased the twin and am impressed with the performance.

That’s great feedback

Get the twin. It will still take plenty of time to get you to 80psi on four tires. I guarantee you won't spend that time wishing you had bought a smaller compressor.

Get the twin. It will still take plenty of time to get you to 80psi on four tires. I guarantee you won't spend that time wishing you had bought a smaller compressor.

ok - that's funny.

I can relate - by the single now, and by the twin later...

Thanks all - I was wondering what to do with that tax refund anyway.

Back
Top Bottom