2019 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are currently up in Wonder Valley east of 29 Palms. The entire area, including those Coordinates got several inches of rain yesterday. There was much flooding in the Borrego Springs area. It’s partly sunny today and should dry out some but the forecast calls for more showers off and on through next week. Might be spicy down there.

We are currently up in Wonder Valley east of 29 Palms. The entire area, including those Coordinates got several inches of rain yesterday. There was much flooding in the Borrego Springs area. It’s partly sunny today and should dry out some but the forecast calls for more showers off and on through next week. Might be spicy down there.

it will just make for a more memorable trip and better stories.

Just an open invitation to anyone/everyone. I'm currently planning on bringing both my new to me KTM as well as my frankenbike Honda XL100 (with 200cc motor) Anyone with at least a helmet is more than welcome to take the Honda out for a spin.

Just an open invitation to anyone/everyone. I'm currently planning on bringing both my new to me KTM as well as my frankenbike Honda XL100 (with 200cc motor) Anyone with at least a helmet is more than welcome to take the Honda out for a spin.

I'll have a KLR so would be glad to ride with anyone up for a spin about the park.

According to what I am seeing, this gps is ~¼ mile south of private land owned by members of the Burke family of Borrego Springs. I assume we will be spread out to the south of the coordinate toward the RR?
If I’m wrong don’t beat me up - I’m new here :D

6B19A221-22B1-4C1F-B956-B090B0DD0532.png
6B19A221-22B1-4C1F-B956-B090B0DD0532.png

I know this is lame but can you put these coordinates in a form that Google Earth will recognize?

Cam

Google earth by default is in Degrees, minutes and seconds to one decimal. You can change it in Google Earth settings like I have ( IOS user) to Degrees and Decimal. You can paste in the coordinates listed here into google earth and it will find it, however on the attached example it is ~1 second difference.

Attachments

• 9CCD849D-7418-437D-A7BD-C87185B46596.png
    9CCD849D-7418-437D-A7BD-C87185B46596.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom