2019 DRV Trail run leaders

How about this. We need 3 trail run leaders.

First three to volunteer get extra raffle tickets...

:jump:

You have the routes laid out? GPS tracks?
Where ever the event is I know Ive never been there

You have the routes laid out? GPS tracks?
Where ever the event is I know Ive never been there
We do not have set routes laid out. I appreciate you stepping up to at the least ask questions but it may be better off having people knowledgeable of the area running a few trail runs.

Knowledgeable of which area?
We do not have set routes laid out. I appreciate you stepping up to at the least ask questions but it may be better off having people knowledgeable of the area running a few trail runs.

Damn it all, I'll just come out and lead a trail run. Follow me overlanders! I'll be the guy in the rental Kia with no idea where I'm going. Excelsior! What's the worst that could happen?
Sometimes a rental car will go places your own 4x4 won't go.

Need a weekend schedule. What day are the trail runs? What times? What are the groups and what are the difficulties?
I use GAIAGPS,
KM6JZB

I nominate
1548814589036.png

Need a weekend schedule. What day are the trail runs? What times? What are the groups and what are the difficulties?
I use GAIAGPS,
KM6JZB

I nominate
View attachment 43460
Normally trail runs are on Friday and or Saturday. We allow those who step up to lead to dictate what they want to do as faces difficulty level, time frame, step off time etc.. we try to accommodate those who are helping us out.

Historically DRV schedule is arrive Thursday, classes and runs Friday and Saturdays throughout the day (try to be back for camp cook off Saturday late afternoon evening), Sunday is the raffle and wrap up so we don’t do anything else on Sundays.

Damn it all, I'll just come out and lead a trail run. Follow me overlanders! I'll be the guy in the rental Kia with no idea where I'm going. Excelsior! What's the worst that could happen?

Now that's a true "Hold my beer and watch this" guy! I LIKE IT!!

Now that I have a "general" location to work with, I volunteer to lead a run on Friday. Trip will leave pavement (S2) and enter Canyon Sin Nombre. Then will proceed to Arroyo Seco del Diablo, go down the Diablo Dropoff, enter Fish Creek Wash, and return to camp.

Back
Top Bottom