2020 Jeep Gladiator

smlobx

Adventurist
i am really looking forward to see how this truck develops. To me it could be right up there with the venerable 79 Series LC...

Anyway here are a few pictures of one persons idea of how it will pan out based on the pictures in camo that have been seen..

https://www.jeepscramblerforum.com/forum/threads/jt-rubicon-rendering.7800/

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for people to start bobbing the bed like they did with the original Scrambler.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for people to start bobbing the bed like they did with the original Scrambler.

I'd like to see them add a few inches. Maybe make it 6.5 then fix the wheelbase to match. Or better yet a single cab with an 8' bed

Yep the bed length in that rendering makes that more of a lifestyle truck over a useable truck.

Totally agree.............I think a 2 door would be better to gain more bed space and storage. You will already need to add some type of cover to protect your belongs and guessing this truck will be close to $60K or more, no thanks. It is cool, but I will not be lusting after one.

Other than the fact it's not a "Scrambler", I dig it. Just wish they would have picked a different name for it :p

I also hope it's an actual truck with a removable bed and not an actual "Scrambler"/JK8/LJ with an integrated cargo area.

That said, anyone wanna buy a kidney?

Yep the bed length in that rendering makes that more of a lifestyle truck over a useable truck.

There are some pretty serious rumours that there will be a two door option that should provide a longer bed. Sort of like what Ford is doing with the Ranger. Keep the frame the same as well as other components to keep development costs down.

Honestly I will never drop 60k on a vehicle. Even if I could afford it I do not think I would... my first house was 48k. But! (everyone always has a big butt) Beinga Jeep guy who is now a truck guy so I can tote my camper, this is awful sweet. I will look in the used market 8.79 years from the date of release for my dream toy.

There are some pretty serious rumours that there will be a two door option that should provide a longer bed. Sort of like what Ford is doing with the Ranger. Keep the frame the same as well as other components to keep development costs down.

Even the new Ranger's long bed is only 6'. As a guy that on occasion has to utilize his wife's lifestyle truck ('15 Taco DCSB) the more I wish I had kept my truck. Michelle's truck makes for a great SUV with that 5' bed and the contractor's topper.

To me it could be right up there with the venerable 79 Series LC...

This was exactly what I was thinking when I first saw the renderings. While I will never in any way be able to justify spending even a sliver of the money that importers want for a "ute" bed, I think this truck would be perfect with one.

I personally think that a 5' bed is perfect for most daily driver things. Most of the time all i need is an open air trunk for dirty things/bikes/etc. I would like it even more if they made it like the Chevy Avalanche where you could expand the bed when necessary! The few times that I used the full bed of my super duty, I could have just used (rented) a trailer.

I'm excited to see what jeep does with this thing. I hate the thought of spending $45k+ on a vehicle, but if it as good as I hope it is, it might be worth it. I just hope the tow rating isn't as abysmal as the jk/jl.

Yeah it looks spiffy and cool, but agreed with a lot of folk here or just call me cynical: I cannot justify even 45k+ on a pickup truck. I don't care what brand it is, the whole idea just seems outrageous to me.

"Next-gen infotainment system..." Priority! :rolleyes:

Good for you if you can afford and buy one though.

Yeah it looks spiffy and cool, but agreed with a lot of folk here or just call me cynical: I cannot justify even 45k+ on a pickup truck. I don't care what brand it is, the whole idea just seems outrageous to me.

"Next-gen infotainment system..." Priority! :rolleyes:

Good for you if you can afford and buy one though.
Exactly. Why can't the most advanced nation on the planet produce a stupid simple truck that just works... :tango

Exactly. Why can't the most advanced nation on the planet produce a stupid simple truck that just works... :tango

Stupid simple went away in the mid 2000s for trucks as everyone wanted MORE. That being said I must admit I'm looking forward to cruise control, power windows and heated seats!!!

Back
Top Bottom