Dave's Jeep JL Rubicon: The Gray Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like icon a lot, they make solid stuff. I was curious what made you make the decision to go with them over other kits like Rubicon Express or Teraflex?

Biggest reason is that I’ve been running Icon stuff for years (since it was Donahoe Racing) and they have never let me down. I’m
A big fan of their shocks and springs.

How is the leg room in the rear seat?

I know you and your wife are both tall, would the rear seat on the passenger side provide a little more legroom? If both front seats are all the way back, it's a moot point.

Leg room is actually pretty good in the JL rear seat. The seat back is angled significantly more than on the JK (less upright) so it’s much more comfortable, legroom is good enough I can sit back there if the fronts aren’t all the way back.

Leg room up front is remarkable. With the seat all the way back, I have to really try to reach the firewall with my left foot. I can stretch out pretty good for a Jeep.

Donahoe Racing...now there's a guy that really screwed up his life and those around him. It's so cool that the employees banded together and kept it going under the Icon banner.

Donahoe Racing...now there's a guy that really screwed up his life and those around him. It's so cool that the employees banded together and kept it going under the Icon banner.

Yes. I only mention it as it illustrates my long standing connection with the product.

The JL is designed for this from the factory. Tire size will be a max of 35”, and 2.5 inches of lift.

With 4.10’s and the 8 speed transmission lots of guys are running 37’s bone stock on 2 inches of lift, but I will NOT be running 37’s because IMO that’s where the “10 reasons” come into play with this model. And since my paramount considerations for this build are minimum height and maximum articulation, this kit and the tire combo is the sweet spot for that.

Since I’m not adding tons of weight to this build, my MPG should not take a huge hit.

Cool, I am eager to see a common sense build. Once it's built to the point that you don't do long road trips, you have wasted your time, IMO.

@Dave Just placed my order............thanks for the link and info. Had one on my JK and loved it.

"One of the very first mods on my short list was the Trailgater tailgate table by Outback Adventure Products. It adds a surprising amount of utility to the vehicle and was an easy mod. Several other companies are making tailgate tables for the JL including Mopar but I kept going back to this one."

@Dave Just placed my order............thanks for the link and info. Had one on my JK and loved it.

"One of the very first mods on my short list was the Trailgater tailgate table by Outback Adventure Products. It adds a surprising amount of utility to the vehicle and was an easy mod. Several other companies are making tailgate tables for the JL including Mopar but I kept going back to this one."

:thumbsup

sPOD Bantam with HD panel.

It’s flippin’ AMAZING. And the app puts it in the realm of unbelievable. Programmable. Remote control. Strobe. Flashing. Party mode. Anything is possible with the sPOD Bantam.

B38B14C0-C144-4FD1-9586-A98B9FBCBDB1.jpeg

Once I figure out my roof rack situation, we'll be adding a Baja Designs RTL (Rear Tail Light) to the back of the Jeep for increased safety on the road and trail, and better backup lighting.

This light features a running light, brake light, amber dust light, and white light, all in one simple package.

I've seen many instances where people are almost rear ended on the trail due to high dust etc, and this should mitigate that as well as make us more visible out on the super slab in inclement weather conditions where semi trucks, and sleepy drivers, can ruin your day.

103002_l.jpg

Neat light but they are sure proud of it. Can definitely see how it would add more viability for folks behind you.

I am a big fan of molle panels. I did this in my jeep. It is very practical for winch accessories.

s1.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom