2018 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have some room in the schedule if anyone is interested in teaching a class (can be informal), leading a discussion or guiding a group on a hike, bike or trail run send me a PM and we will work out the details.

Be aware the Store at Angeles Oaks was sold and has not reopened yet, The camp is dry and we allowed no open fires this summer. I hope to be up there working that weekend hope to see you Dave. Gordon.

In order to have a fire, will it need to be in a container of some sort, or no open fire what so ever?

These allowed?

Camco_Big_Red_Campfire_1.jpg

You can't even wear thick lensed eyeglasses at the event, so in the event of the rays of the sun could concentrate a beam of light and risk ignition of a combustible material. o_O

New California law - thanks Sacramento. :rolleyes:

We were up in BB a few weeks ago and we did see open fires in campsite fire rings. Not sure what the regs are now.

I enjoy swapping lies around a camp fire just as much as the next guy. I don't think it is worth the risk for individual camp fires. Water buckets staged around the main camp fire and a fire there is our best bet if fires are allowed at all. Just one man's opinion.

I enjoy swapping lies around a camp fire just as much as the next guy. I don't think it is worth the risk for individual camp fires. Water buckets staged around the main camp fire and a fire there is our best bet if fires are allowed at all. Just one man's opinion.

Right? I highly doubt those campsite fires we passed by were legal. We didn't have a fire for those few nights we were up there. It's high fire season throughout summer anyways.

Right? I highly doubt those campsite fires we passed by were legal. We didn't have a fire for those few nights we were up there. It's high fire season throughout summer anyways.

Fires were allowed in established Forrest service campgrounds, I stopped to verify the last day there. No fires in undeveloped areas though.

Current areas where fires are allowed are HERE

Jenks lake picnic area and Barton flats campground are on the authorized list. Best bet is to be prepared for no fires or charcoal as usual and hope for the best. We will update as we get close!

Unable to attend, please move me out of space #80. Please also remove Ruben Clark from slot #77 as he is also unable to attend. Bring in two happy campers!

Unable to attend, please move me out of space #80. Please also remove Ruben Clark from slot #77 as he is also unable to attend. Bring in two happy campers!
Bummer to hear you both wont be making it.

@SoCal_80 and @Grizzley
Both of you have been added to the main listing. Please follow the instructions in the first post under "How To Register" in regards to finalizing your registration. Thank you.

@Graybeard removed from Slot 17.

@Tank80 you've been moved to Slot 17.
Please follow the instructions in the first post under "How To Register" in regards to finalizing your registration. Thank you

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but have any formal trail runs been organized or related threads (couldn't find any)? Thx

Good morning all, due to work, I'm going to have to give up my spot #113. I hope someone can enjoy it!! Have fun!
Alex

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but have any formal trail runs been organized or related threads (couldn't find any)? Thx
We have a couple formal trail runs being finalized. They will be posted soon. We also are always looking for anyone who is willing to run a formal trail run as well so if you’d like to step up please shoot me a PM.

As much as I’d like to lead one it’s just too difficult for the staff to step away for that long of a period during the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom