I ordered the same "universal" base plate the @BlkWgn has. That is the one thing that I'm not really impressed with. The base plate is just a metal plate with holes drilled in it and an assortment of tabs, nuts/bolts and washers to secure the jack to the base plate. I've made mine work, but the jack doesn't really "fit" the base plate in any particular manner.
I didn't get the base plate, planned on making one tho

I have been looking at an upgrade to my bottle jack in conjunction with the Hi-Lift. I've been eyeballing this option for awhile now. The biggest thing I'm not seeing is reports of folks using them on the trail. When things break everything is at bad angles and your vehicle is sure to be in a precarious position. I would really be nice to see peoples experiences and the terrain they were on.

I have been looking at an upgrade to my bottle jack in conjunction with the Hi-Lift. I've been eyeballing this option for awhile now. The biggest thing I'm not seeing is reports of folks using them on the trail. When things break everything is at bad angles and your vehicle is sure to be in a precarious position. I would really be nice to see peoples experiences and the terrain they were on.

Love mine Erik...haven't had occasion to utilize it yet, but having owned a Hi-Lift and using it for almost 10 years, the Safe Jack's included piston toppers equal the HL's versatility...plus it's namesake removes (when applied correctly) the gobs of risk of the traditional farm jack.

Added bonus-the Safe Jack packs away nicely inside away from the elements and avoids those grocery store lot stares of "You're an overlander?" :D

FYI
My last big sand recovery was dragging a jeep out of Superstitions Mountain OHV area.

Used the Safe Jack 12+ times to take the weight off the tire and push the broken rear axle back into the carrier. I abused the hell out of the 6t jack and the sand ate up the dust seal. Jack still worked like it should but during my preventive maintenance checks I could smell the hydraulic fluid.

Like all good equipment Safe Jacks are rebuildable and the their owners manual has the seal rebuild kit listed. Less than 30 min of disassembly and cleaning. She’s ready for reassembly when the kit comes in the mail.

8E020FEB-DA3B-4179-A353-1FBA34D4095C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom