Yukon Xl

calishooterone

Adventurist
Hey everyone, started to work on a platform for the back of the yukon today. I will post more photos as I go along.

image1.jpeg

Wow, you're not messing around! I like it. Are you using one of those tools they advertise on TV to make those angled screw holes?

I wish I had the patience to do work like that.

It’s the 1st time for me using a pocket hole jig. Kinda cool normally I would use finish nails and screws on the face side but this time around since my layout isn’t set in stone just yet the jig is working out nice after I’ll still glue once I like what I have...

Find a Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade forum and show them the goods, especially if you have the tools to duplicate the kits on demand. Shipping would be a bitch, they would have to be well packaged to prevent damage to corners. I think a flat floor shelf kit that goes up to the back of the second row would have a market across the entire Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade range of buyers.

Any reason you chose MDF over a hardwood plywood? I've used MDF to create subwoofer enclosures in the past, but never something like this. MDF is certainly cheaper...

Any reason you chose MDF over a hardwood plywood? I've used MDF to create subwoofer enclosures in the past, but never something like this. MDF is certainly cheaper...

I use light weight mdf for weight and doesn't absorb moisture.. I use to build custom enclosures back in the day also lol, but its been years since I've built anything.

Last edited:
Pfft, if you speak the stereo guys language and its easily enough to modify the enclosures to fit behind the third row seat as well...I think I might be due some royalties for the encouragement to go into production. I'm a cheap date...you owe me a :beer the next time we cross paths!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom