Xenforo: Tell us what you think!

Of all the boards that I've been on, this is by far THE best and easiest to use and navigate through. No complaints here!

+Tapatalk. Love it/hate it, but given my access during the day, it's the best solution out there.

+Tapatalk. Love it/hate it, but given my access during the day, it's the best solution out there.
I use either tapatalk or the mobile version of the aav site. I will say, the mobile version of Xenforo is pretty awesome too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

@jonburtt mentioned this weekend that he wasn't keen on "pages" when viewing the forum and that some other sites allowed threads to be viewed in linear fashion from top to bottom without toggling through pages. Interesting idea that we will look into.

Has there been any changes in the software recently? The past week Ive been logged out repeatedly after logging in. I ended up doing a system restore and it seemed to have stopped it, but its doing it again today. This is the only place Ive noticed it so far. I checked and made sure I still had cookies allowed here (I usually have all cookies blocked unless I need them for any particular site). Nothing obvious going on, I just have been logged out when changing pages or looking at alerts in the little drop down.

I've not noticed anything funny like that between my iOS devices and PC...

Odd.

It could very well just be my junky computer. It has some weird quirks, I'm just not in a position to buy a new one, other things take priority for the moment.

When you log in are you checking the box that says "stay logged in" to the right of the log in button? I've noticed on forums that use similar software that if I don't check that box, I'll get logged out periodically.

I don't know what it was doing when it dropped my log-in, but when I just logged in a minute ago it showed this,

https://www.americanadventurist.com/forum/find-new/902186/posts

What seemed weird, Id log in, then hover over the alerts icon on the upper right corner, then it would say I didnt have permission or wasn't logged in or something of that sort, Id look, then realize even though Id logged in seconds ago, and it accepted the log in, I suddenly wasnt.

Here, and elsewhere, I often get weird things happen the past few months, like the slider on the right of the screen works, then I click a link, and it wont work. The arrows wont either. the only way to get it to work is click and drag it. That happens after I make a post often also (and right now it wont slide with the arrow keys). Theres more weird stuff that happens, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I think mostly its a junk computer. It was a 3rd hand freebee. Its slowly gotten weirder over time though.

Thanks for the thoughts on what its doing.

Yep, delete the "www" and it should all go back to normal.

You might need to delete and recreate your bookmark for AAV too, if you have one.

Just saw the post above mine, yes, I always click the "stay logged in" button.

A few other weird things my computer does, its locked into a default setting of tap to click/hover to click, which I detest. I searched online and found a way to turn it off, but it resets every time I shut it down and turn it back on. You have to go into program files and such. The control panel for it wont show up in a tool bar no matter what you do. I have to manually find it, turn it on, then off and it will then be off. It doesn't say its on when I turn on the computer or first go into the control for it, but it is in fact on.

It also, when I click into a body of text to edit or correct something, will automatically highlight that word, then with another click, highlight the entire paragraph or page, then with a third click will stop highlighting so I can do something. Its annoying. It also has the right slider bar disappear if you don't make any move in a couple seconds. Also annoying. You have to move the cursor around to get it to come back to move the page to keep reading, not just click it down with the slider arrows or keyboard arrows. Just weird things that don't go away.

Ive heard of people being terrifically annoyed at their computers, but I never had the experience until this one.

It shows the www no matter what I do when navigating here. Its working OK at the moment. I added a new bookmark, and it didn't alert that there was already one, which was weird, and they both show exactly the same thing when hovering on them in favorites.

Edit: I just omitted the www, and hit enter, and was logged out. Logged back in and its so far working. Slider still doesn't work right, but at least I haven't been logged out again yet in the last minute. :)

Does anyone else have problems on mobile and on the desktop version with pages loading VERY slowly, or not at all? I've been having those issues lately. I just logged in, and it literally took 3 minutes for the site to log me in once I pushed the "log in" button. A lot of times, when I load the AAV forum page, on my phone and browser, And its done the same thin on IE, firefox, and Chrome, the computer says the page is loaded, but all I have is a blank screen. Anyone else experiencing this? Like I said, it's happened on mobile and on desktop.

Does anyone else have problems on mobile and on the desktop version with pages loading VERY slowly, or not at all? I've been having those issues lately. I just logged in, and it literally took 3 minutes for the site to log me in once I pushed the "log in" button. A lot of times, when I load the AAV forum page, on my phone and browser, And its done the same thin on IE, firefox, and Chrome, the computer says the page is loaded, but all I have is a blank screen. Anyone else experiencing this? Like I said, it's happened on mobile and on desktop.

Well that's discouraging. I've not heard of anyone else with this issue.

:coffee

Mine loads slow too, but I think it's related to my blistering fast DSL service with 0.74 MB download speed.

Back
Top Bottom