Xenforo: Tell us what you think!

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
We are now using Xenforo forum software. This was a costly upgrade (both in time and resources) for the community and represents our commitment to YOU, our members.

This software has many new features that should make it more fun to share and shoot the breeze here on American Adventurist.

This thread is for questions, comments and concerns with Xenforo. Let us know what you do or don't like so we can make the Forum better for everyone!

:coffee

I like it!

It seems to have a lot of modern features that are becoming ubiquitous on the web.
Drag and drop photos
Tagging members
"Like" buttons

It's also fun discovering new features. For example, if you select text by highlighting it, a little quote and reply button pops up! That's cool!

I like it!

It seems to have a lot of modern features that are becoming ubiquitous on the web.
Drag and drop photos
Tagging members
"Like" buttons

It's also fun discovering new features. For example, if you select text by highlighting it, a little quote and reply button pops up! That's cool!
The select text to quote and tagging are my favorite features, and I see them being very usefull

Honestly, I'm on my phone most of the time I'm reading or posting here, and I'm very happy with the mobile layout of the forum now. I don't use tapatalk anymore for this forum, because the mobile Web app is just that good. I also like that you can tag users, and like posts. I'm still playing around a bit, but I've always like Xenforo over v bulletin or many of the other forum options.

I was not initially impressed with the layout of other forums that were using Xenforo. Now, after seeing our implementation here, I feel like this was a huge upgrade. V Bulletin really fell off the wagon innovating and offering support. The mobile layout is nice too... I used to use Tapatalk, but it is such a disaster now that I can't recommend it to anyone.

New system looks great! One question, are pictures only available to upload with URL? I am not seeing where you can pick a selection download from your computer...............thanks

Scott

New system looks great! One question, are pictures only available to upload with URL? I am not seeing where you can pick a selection download from your computer...............thanks

Scott

Hi Scott. There is the upload file next to the Post Reply button OR better yet, you can now Drag and Drop right into your post. When you do it will ask if you want to make it a thumbnail or full size. Thumbnail will make a small version that you click to enlarge, full size is just full size. It's so easy now!

Hi Scott. There is the upload file next to the Post Reply button OR better yet, you can now Drag and Drop right into your post. When you do it will ask if you want to make it a thumbnail or full size. Thumbnail will make a small version that you click to enlarge, full size is just full size. It's so easy now!

That is just too easy! Thanks!

So far, very positive change.

One suggestion, put a link to New Posts at the bottom of the page.

Actually if you click "Forums" at the bottom of the page it takes you to the top and the New Posts button is right there :)

I'd just like to say this board is straight flying on my Android. I love how smoothly everything works, and how I don't have to deal with either annoying popups for Tapatalk or a second rate mobile experience.

So spice!

I am reviving this thread since it has been a year since the transition to Xenforo. Any new thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom