Which Jack do you prefer?

100acre

Adventurist
I have both a hi-lift and a 6 ton bottle jacks, I carried the high lift last year and had no use for it plus it added a fair amount of weight. I only have two points on the winch mount where I could lift the truck unless I eventually get sliders. I almost bent the rear bumper on my F150 last year using the hi lift bumper lift. I recently picked up my 6T bottle jack. I'm looking to shed weight from my rig. Would you leave one, or take both, and why? Thanks

I carry a hilift, a bottle jack, and 2 factory jacks. It is all about options to me. Just because I dont need it now doesn't mean that I wont need it next time, and just because it may not have a lot of spots to be used as a jack on your rig they have other uses. Help someone in your party or someone you find, winch, clamp, break the bead on a tire, make shift "jaws of life". I have seen the handle used to reinforce broken steering linkage on a jeep to get off the trail.

hi-lift-off-road-jack-9.jpg

I actually have a carpy Farm Jack. Don't the Hi-lift's have removable handles?

Yup, looks like a much better product. Which do you use, the cast/steel, all cast, or the extreme?

Last edited:
Technically, Bloomfield Manufacturing only makes 2 types - all cast, and cast/steel.

The cast/steel (black) is budget priced, has the same capacity as the other jacks, has some stamped steel pieces for lower cost.

The all cast (red, grey, yellow) model is considered the most durable in that it is all cast from iron, which is asserted by the manufacturer as the most strong and durable method for forming those parts.

I have the "485" model (red, 48" length) with a jack-mate and tube tongue.

Keep the bottle jack or your factory jack for tire changing when necessary. Learn how and when to use a high lift from someone who knows. The extreme version is more appearance than performance, there are plenty of accessories that can add safety and utility to a standard cast Hi-Lift.

-Andy

Back
Top Bottom