Wayward_skye’s third gen 4 Runner build.

708CAF1E-A984-4F77-B8D6-E95E4940A7FC.jpeg
2355B7E7-C3CE-4AD8-A134-0ED8B50D34BD.jpeg

The new gen 5 4 Runner OffRoad springs turned out to be a couple inches shorter than the original rear springs. This caused me some concern. The coils are of a thicker steel @ .105 bigger in diameter and a tighter coil on the new coils. I figured they would squat less, a call to Steve at Sanoron Steel confirmed my observation and we proceed with the install.

BEFABE88-2B58-472A-9788-FC82571BA3B7.jpeg
Found a 14 mm socket sitting on the top of a rear shock mount. Not sure how long it was there but it was covered in mud. A real score since it’s a Snap On!! I forgot to measure the rear before the rear spring install but I’m pretty sure we got at least 2” of Lift.

So with the rear complete on Friday night Saturday morning we turned our attention to the front shocks and spring assembly along with lower ball joints and sway bar bushings.

Today Skylar took the 4R in for alignment and installation of BFG KO IIs 235/85/16. This truck looks perfect at this ride hight!

Making progress on the living space for the 4R. Started with three sheets of 1/2” plywood. Basically a sleep platform, sitting area, foot well behind drivers seat for boots and a kitchen area out of the back. She will be able to access her fridge and backpacking stove from inside or out so she can cook up some soup or coffee in a storm.

Under the sleep platform is a ton of storage. The end of the sleep platform by the passenger front seat will flip out 8” and give her 5’10” of sleeping space with 29” inches of width for most of that length.

Brown Santa arrived while we were working today with the electrical and solar parts. Going to be way busy again this weekend!!!!

Did a bunch of tidious things this weekend. Removed the factory roof rack and installed a set of Thule towers and bars. Dismantled, cleaned, installed sound deadener and insulated the cargo area. Installed the adjustable solar rack, panel and routed wiring. Fabricated steel brackets that will hold the forward end of the platform in place in case of an accident. Routed wiring the the living space for a Blue Seas fuse block.

Didn’t get a ton of pictures this weekend either. Almost forgot the BROG gear attic. Not made for the third gen so installed a couple of rivnuts bolts and spacers to make it work. Fabricated a bracket for the circuit breaker running to the fuse box in the living space.

Back
Top Bottom