"Uno" the 2015 Tacoma

I have a couple of those in my parts bin downstairs in the shop. Unfortunately they won't fit in the pillar. I'm probably going to swap one of the stock 12v outlets for one.

I figured you did.

I swapped one of mine, and it's really nice.

Let's see if i can make this idea work...

20201003_221418.jpg

Just pull of 2 wires on the excess part of the roll and go with it. ;)

I've been meaning to get my ham license for a long time now... I even bought a new book last fall.

Now you have some 20-wire ribbon for your parts bin down stairs. I'm glad I'm not the only one that kind of thing happens to. You know, misery loves company and all that.

Unfortunately it happens all too often. Both my parts bins are filling up...I had to buy a 3rd one.

You only have 2 parts bins?

No, 3 now. And that's for the electrical bits and bobs. Then there's different bins for plastic doodads, wooden thingamajigs, metal whatsits and a bin for things I'm not convinced I should throw away yet. They all sit near the piles of scrap lumber and metal which are near the surplus building material piles. All of that, of course, is behind the shelf full of 1/2 empty paint cans, mystery solvents and various automotive lubricants. To get to those you have to walk around the spools of left over wire that are stacked next to the "I'll use this one day" plumbing fittings and PVC pipes. The other 1/2 of the shop is filled with various antiques, tools I've purchased and used once, tools I've purchased because I didn't think I had said tool only to find out that I did in fact have one, and a bird cage. Somewhere in another corner is the pile of stuff that I should really list on Craigslist, but just haven't gotten to yet.

The garage is a repeat of this, but with more motorcycle parts. :D

And I know right where everything is until someone touches it! Usually that someone is me...

Now, back to Tacoma related stuff. :pirateship

Extended brake lines from Wheeler's are here, waiting on a set of speed bleeders to show up to make that job faster. They'll also prevent me from having the "ok, pump the brake pedal, pump, now stop...no don't pump...no I said pump then, not now...where are you going? How is this my fault?" conversation with either my wife or daughter.

Also have a ECGS bushing for the front dif on the way. I have a bad case of the rumbles which is very consistent with what I had in my '16 Tacoma. Engaging 4 wheel drive eliminates the vibration so the needle bearing in the driver's side of the front dif needs to be swapped.

Heading to SC to pick up rock sliders from SOS on Monday and Rago Fabrication is running a Halloween sale so some other goodies are on the way from them. Should all show up in time for me to install them after I get back from Texas and California next weekend. This time @Scott B. I'll make sure the TSA doesn't confiscate the In-N-Out Burger I'm bringing back for you.

Last edited:
Very stout and well built.

20201005_182706.jpg

I looked at a number of manufacturers, but decided on SOS for a couple of reasons. One was location. With them being located in Laurens SC allowed me to stop in and pick them up. Another reason was options. SOS allows you to configure the sliders in multiple ways. The third was all the first hand accounts on various forums of how the sliders had prevented damage in various accidents. Obviously this isn't the main purpose of rock sliders, but it's good to see that they can handle some serious abuse.

IMG_3719.jpg

92E78FF8-1E4B-44CD-ADE6-F25827BB0FAD.jpg

3BEFAB51-B753-43AB-8446-86E1D33F4ABB.jpg

I did the same thing!

On mine, on the mounting flange (both sides) I sprayed gloss black paint. I only used the bedliner on the arms and sliders themselves. My thinking was paint against paint might make a better combination - less likely to hold/trap dirt.

I have no idea if it was a valid idea, as I have never pulled a slider off. But, it sounded good at the time. :p

I did the same thing!

On mine, on the mounting flange (both sides) I sprayed gloss black paint. I only used the bedliner on the arms and sliders themselves. My thinking was paint against paint might make a better combination - less likely to hold/trap dirt.

I have no idea if it was a valid idea, as I have never pulled a slider off. But, it sounded good at the time. :p

I was thinking about that today. I've seen people use that self adhesive rubber window flashing when installing AT Habitats to seal up where the camper meets the bed rails. Was thinking a layer of that on the frame and a layer on the sliders would seal up nice. I'd like to prevent any dirt intrusion and the subsequent friction and grinding it would cause. Probably just overthinking it though and I'll just hit it with some black automotive frame paint I have laying around.

You're mounting metal on meta with the sliders, and don't want any movement. The Habitat with move in relation to the bedrails, so you want a gasket with some give.

On the other hand, a pliable gasket could squish and fill any gaps between the two, keeping dirt and water out.

I don't know - I think we are overthinking it. After all, you'll be selling your truck a month or so! :p

Prep and paint complete. 3 cans of primer, almost 5 cans of bed coating.

20201014_172330.jpg

When I bought the truck there was a set of seat covers thrown in the bed. I've never been a fan of seat covers but the old man inside me kept saying to wash them and use them. Spent the better part of an hour putting them on this afternoon and I have to say, they're not that bad.

20201014_181928.jpg

20201014_181939.jpg

Considering the stock upholstery looks brand new I'm going to assume the previous owner installed these early on and never removed them.

Debating seat covers myself.

And I think a layer of vycor or similar on the sliders is a great idea! Wish I would have come up with that when I did mine.

Back
Top Bottom