Ultimate Jerky Thread

Al Swope

Adventurist
Founding Member
Someone brought some homemade jerky into my office this week. Now I've become a tweaker for the stuff...

Please post your favorites and where they can be bought. Also, please post any home recipes

I just ordered this from Amazon. I will post a review here ASAP.

Jerky.PNG

Nothing beats the homemade variety. I'm a sucker for all things smoked - venison, beef, salmon you name it.

For store bought stuff, I've always been a big fan of Oberto original beef jerky (the OG PNW brand since 1918).

I was disappointed to see the new packaging read "Made in the USA - From USA or imported beef"

o_O

^^^^I just saw a site for Python Jerky...
Never tried Oberto, but I've seen it locally

Jerked python isn't something I'd buy either. :D

If you get over into Texas there's a gas station chain called Buc-ees that has excellent store brand jerky, and bbq, and candy.....and Beaver Nuggets.
You actually expected you could post "Beaver Nuggets" and nobody would ask, "just WTF are those"? :wow

Please provide your review on this subject.... :D

91zVWgyCvZL._SY550_.jpg

You actually expected you could post "Beaver Nuggets" and nobody would ask, "just WTF are those"? :wow

Please provide your review on this subject.... :D

91zVWgyCvZL._SY550_.jpg

Not to hijack the thread but Beaver Nuggets are delicious. Lightly puffed corn (think Corn Pops cereal) coated in a Carmel covering. Carmel popcorn without the popcorn is the most accurate description I've seen. I've turned around and driven 10 miles back to a Buc-ees after a bag was spilled in the car...I needed a replacement bag.

I love JERKY! The problem I have is I can't eat much since I started my diet. Most, most Jerky is loaded with sugar. I need to learn how to make my own. The non-sugar hipster stuff on amazon is stupid expensive for very small quantities.

Back
Top Bottom