Tread Lightly and American Adventurist announce official partnership

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
American Adventurist is proud to announce that we are an official Tread Lightly Outdoor Ethics Sponsor!

OUTDOOR ETHICS SPONSOR.jpg

Click here to take the Tread Lightly 101 Online Awareness Course:
http://www.treadlightly.org/course/inc/frameset/lessonframe.htm

Tread lightly colour logo.jpg

TREAD access_home4.jpg

Does this mean I don't get flamed any more for calling people out for doing things like blasting across a water crossing at speed so they get a good picture of the splash?

Does this mean I don't get flamed any more for calling people out for doing things like blasting across a water crossing at speed so they get a good picture of the splash?

No it just means there will be a slight pause before said action commences !! LOL

This ;)

We all know there's a big difference between coming through an approved "water obstacle" on a trail and taking a fun photo, and blasting through tearing it up like an idiot.

Last edited:
We all know there's a big difference between coming through an approved "water obstacle" on a trail and taking a fun photo, and blasting through tearing it up like an idiot.

Not to a sierra clubber or the micro invertibrates! Luckily for me most streams I see are AMD;) I have rethought the posting of water and mud pics. Though I feel like I'm caving a little to the enviro PC crowd.

No it just means there will be a slight pause before said action commences !! LOL
The intent of my post was to make light of the fact that some still might flame Bob for his comments about their actions and hopefully others will think before they banzai and change their ways.

The intent of my post was to make light of the fact that some still might flame Bob for his comments about their actions and hopefully others will think before they banzai and change their ways.

I know ;)

I can't remember who posted the pics, but someone was banzaiing the water crossing in Afton Canyon on the Mojave Trail, one of the pics made the cover of one of the off road rags (that claims to support Tread Lightly when they aren't trying to sell magazines). I made a comment that I was just at that location a few weeks prior and some college researchers were also there...counting frogs! Fastest way I know of to get land closed is to show abuse and the existence of some minor "only found here" animal.

I've been searching all day for the thread/magazine cover I'm looking for, can't find it.

Edit: Found it...

http://www.magazine-agent.com-sub.info/4-Wheel-and-Off-Road/Welcome#covers

That's NOT the way to make the water crossing at Afton Canyon to get across the water crossing, I don't care who you are, or how many photographers asked you to do it. Wrong is WRONG!

Edit (again)...look at the March 2014 cover with the FJ blasting through the water crossing.

Back
Top Bottom