The Random Thoughts Thread

Anyone else watching the new Shelby the Swamp man show on History Channel? I always wonder how high I should turn the BS filter up when I see that guy. Entertaining as hell, but I just have to wonder how much is real and how much is reality TV.

Who does this remind you of?

666fc928-81aa-4686-97da-e18c3aa82249_colander.jpg
A Czech prankster received legal permission to wear a colander on his head in his identification photo after claiming he was a devout "Pastafarian" and the bowl was a religious garment, according to reports.
The spaghetti strainer placed atop Lukas Novy's head may have had holes in it, but his demand to wear the item is of questionable holiness. Nonetheless, the city of Brno, Czech Republic permitted him to pose with it for his government ID photo after he applied on the grounds of religious freedom, according to the Daily Mail.
[ More Daily Buzz: Raccoon steals a wallet and the spotlight at sea turtle’s release ]
Novy said he was a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a religion based a fondness for beer and a giant noodly god (satirical or otherwise). The first Pastafarians were peaceful pirates, according to the church.
The church's views on same sex marriage mirror its written ideals in general.
"All are welcome into the loving embrace of His Noodly Appendage," the website says.
A city spokesperson told the Daily Mail residents could wear items on their head in government photos for "religious or medical reasons" as long as their faces weren't obscured.
Strangely, an Austrian man has also succeeded in wearing a colander helmet on government identification. In 2011, Niko Alm shared his diver's license photo online and told the Associated Pressit took him three years to have the license approved.
The strainer was quite photogenic.

You all know how hard ammo is to get since all the recent mass shootings. Well, this morning I lucked out and was able to buy two boxes of ammo. I placed the boxes on the front seat and headed back home, but stopped at a gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde in a short skirt was filling up her car at the next pump. She glanced at the two boxes of ammo, bent over and leaned in my passenger window, and said in a sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, old fella. Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?" I thought for a few seconds and asked, "What kind of ammo 'ya got?

You all know how hard ammo is to get since all the recent mass shootings. Well, this morning I lucked out and was able to buy two boxes of ammo. I placed the boxes on the front seat and headed back home, but stopped at a gas station where a drop-dead gorgeous blonde in a short skirt was filling up her car at the next pump. She glanced at the two boxes of ammo, bent over and leaned in my passenger window, and said in a sexy voice, "I'm a big believer in barter, old fella. Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?" I thought for a few seconds and asked, "What kind of ammo 'ya got?

for the win!

Maybe you've seen it before, still worth killing a couple of minutes.

Top ten fly bys...'

[video]http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448[/video]

I decided that I did not want to have a boring Summer. So on July 12th I loaded up my old/new to me 1991 Buick Le Sabre (found last year on C'list with just 42K original miles), my new daily driver, and headed out on a road trip. I'm calling it a Cruiseabout! You don't need a 4x4 to see some awesome stuff! I just love the two lane highway, small town back country roads. Twenty one States, 8,500 miles of fun and 600+ pics. Twin Cities to see family, Yorktown, VA to see an awesome old girlfriend friend from my teen years. Charleston, SC to see more family. Got to see my Daughter who recently moved to northern VA. She drove down to Yorktown to visit, and we toured many Historic sites! Fishing on the York River and the Chesapeake was awesome! My Yorktown friends are big on boats. I just love that East Coast boating lifestyle! Seems like everyone has a boat dock in their back yard. I got to body surf in Surf City, NC and the water was 82* for God's sake! I found good, kind and helpful America loving folks every where I went. We are Truly BLESSED! I just got home last night. Six days ago, I had my Forrest Gump moment and said. I'm kinda tired, I think I'll go home now.

....Carry On

A little boy now has the answer to a puzzling question: Are Navy SEALs quieter than ninjas?
And he got resolution courtesy of an unlikely source – the commander of America’s special forces himself.
Six-year-old Walker Greentree reportedly grew flummoxed over the till-now unsolved debate after his mother, Vivian Greentree, hushed him while playing with a friend by saying, “Be quiet like a SEAL.”
Greentree hails from a military family – and so the manner in which his mother couched the rebuke is not surprising.

"I think ninjas are probably quieter than SEALs, but we are better swimmers . . ."​
- Admiral William McRaven

But Business Insider reports that Walker’s chum – who is 7 – immediately and keenly retorted, “Ninjas are quieter than SEALs,” thus sparking the debate between the friends.
To Walker’s credit, he reportedly took it upon himself to settle the argument by going to an authoritative source.
He wrote a letter to Admiral William McRaven, a former Navy SEAL and commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, responsible for overseeing the special-ops components of the military’s myriad armed services.
Surprisingly, McRaven replied to the youngster with a missive of his own, writing, “To answer your questions: I think ninjas are probably quieter than SEALs, but we are better swimmers, and also better with guns and blowing things up.”
McRaven also added, “I can hold my breath for a long time, but I try not to unless I really have to.”
The military chief then closed with some words of wisdom, specially suited for Walker, who reportedly aspires to become a SEAL.
“Remember, if you want to be a SEAL, you must do two things: listen to your parents and be nice to the other kids. If you do that then you can probably be a SEAL, too."

http://www.thegunbox.com/product.html

Thinking about getting one of these.

I'm impressed - for a gun safe, it is nicely designed and would be suitable for most any decor; especially since its presence doesn't scream, "I conceal a gun!" Looks more like a computer router or modem. RFID technology is very mature but I'm not a jewelry guy and eschew rings and bracelets. I read in their material that metal impairs the RFID chip function so the ring and bracelet will be made in LEXAN. Too bad this chip can't simply be attached to another item you commonly wear - I see they do have a chip that can be attached to a phone or whatever. It appears that the biometric/fingerprint issue is considered, since it stores 200 prints so that you can place in memory different fingers and angles which you might approach the scanner.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend your money on it Mike. I'd be interested, but as you know I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident.

Too bad though... a surgically sterile chip would be nice to have placed under your skin but then that might interfere with all the other chips the government has or is planning on implanting into our bodies...

Even if you don't like dogs, this one will put a smile on your face.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?feature=player_embedded&v=lJ7AfSO2fKs[/video]

Separate thread ongoing about an upcoming trip to visit the Patton museum. Patton also had a "cabin" on Ft. Benning GA that he used as a hunting lodge. ANyone have current knowledge of Ft. Benning and know whether its still there? When I was a wee lad, we lived there and my dad ran the bait shop from there. Guess Engineers did all sorts of stuff!

Aloha American Adventurist's!

Please forgive me if I make a mistake in my postings. I have been using my son's old 2004 Gateway computer for years. The Mother Board finally passed away several weeks back. Please rest in Peace! So I had to buy a new computer. Of course I have lost all of my pics until I can get them transferred over to my new computer. And I hope I can transfer my upgraded 500MB hard drive too. Would that give me 1.5 Terabyte hard drive?

And this new Windows 8 is harder to learn than hiking up to Mount Whitney! So please be patient with me.

The good news is, I got a totally awesome deal on an HP at wally world of all places. 8G memory and One Terabyte hard drive marked down $100 bucks for only $398! With keyboard and mouse (although I don't like mice in my house!). Wow! If I wanted that a few years ago it would have been $2,000 bucks! Now I just have to figure out how to use it. Check it out, they might still be there marked down.

......Carry On!....:cpo

Back
Top Bottom